cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no blue light on positional tracking camera.

morenosuba
Explorer
i recently got a new hard drive and had to re-install my dk2. i had it working no problem on my old hard drive, but for some reason now the blue light on my "camera" (positional tracking device) wont turn on.
the OR works. the light on the head set turns blue. i can open the Oculus figuration Utility and launch the demo no problem. in the demo, i have head tracking, but no positional tracking (leaning in). i'm running the 0.4.4 version of the SDK because i read that .5 and higher doesn't work well with Elite Dangerous.
the Rift is set to extended mode. i have re-installed the runtime multiple times. i have tried different usb ports..... still no blue light on the "camera", and no positional tracking.

anyone know how i can get get positional tracking to work?
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
"morenosuba" wrote:
i'm running the 0.4.4 version of the SDK

Hmm. That's a really old version. You may want to update just to see if it works.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

morenosuba
Explorer
ok so i updated to 0.5.0

now on my Oculus Configuration Utility window it says "Oculus Rift DK2 Attached, No Tracker Attached" in dirty green color. however, all the cables to my positional tracking "camera" are attached. i have unplugged and re-plugged everything to make sure nothing was lose, but still no blue light.

any other ideas?

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, I mean update to the latest, which is 0.6.0.1. Also, try reinstalling your graphic card drivers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV