cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no hdmi connection to the headset, yet its pluged into my dedicated graphics card? help me please

yomustdie94
Protege
ive looked at other discussions on here and i cannot seem to get my rift's hdmi plug to be detected in the oculus program, neither a adapter for the display port or the actual hdmi port seem to work for it, and yet i can run my monitor on both. please help!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

yomustdie94
Protege
i ended up returning it and getting back a good one, it seemed to be that the screen inside the headset itself wasn't connected

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

yomustdie94
Protege
i also tried re installing the program, restarting my pc, and this is the picture of whats happening EDIT: and here is a zip, if that helps
szrzosh9ada0.png

yomustdie94
Protege
im a noob to this oculus site

Nekto2
Superstar
This site has thousands posts on this issue.
The could be lots of reasons. You could search this site or post support ticket.

First to try:
- check if hdmi cable is plugged in (it is funny, but works for some 🙂  )
- check if opposite side of hdmi cable is plugged in headset (you could disconnect face plate and have access to cable connection)
- check if hdmi socket on you card is working (still working), try to plug in any hdmi monitor to this socket
- check hdmi cable connector and compare to magnified photo in the internet. All pins should be the same length except for one.
- etc

yomustdie94
Protege
the first 3 i have already tried, im now on to go and look at the hdmi connector
edit: no the last one was not the case, thanks for the help though.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
some issues with the headsets USB can be shown as HDMI issues. Plug the USB cable of the headset into a different port(try a 2.0 USB one, if you are using a 3.0 USB).

Sometimes it is better to buy this https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
for VR to avoid USB controller issues.

yomustdie94
Protege
i have tried switching the USB ports around and it didn't work. i was already on 2.0 for all of my oculus USB cords, and also i have two 3.0 USB ports that still let the headset USB work but still no connection to the headset HDMI.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Check if the HDMI cable is inserted fully into the headset itself., you can do this by gently pulling the foam guard from the headset and take the cable out and put it back in. You can also buy a 2 dollar Display port to HDMI adapter and try with that.

yomustdie94
Protege
i have already done both when i looked at the port for the headset, the cable was flush with the headset, and i already have a display port to HDMI adapter that i have also tried having my headset plugged into again with no luck

yomustdie94
Protege
in fact the port is a little warm indicating it is working
i have also checked the pins on it and they look to be fine