cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus app crashes as soon as it opens

Kunamo
Sightseer
After 2 days of struggle to get my rift set up, i finally got to a point where it would show where i could sign into my oculus account, but the window crashes immediately after opening and just goes back to the loading screen, repeating that process.

at first it was saying it couldnt reach the oculus runtime service, and suggested repairing or restarting my computer, tried both and none of it worked. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didnt work. i made a local admin account and tried there, didnt work. i dont have any antivirus running, i have plenty of space, i tried the patch, i couldnt even get the compatibility checker to open without crashing.

this is a brand new computer that was advertised as vr ready (AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, AMD Radeon RX 580, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, Windows 10)

if anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated
1 REPLY 1

sraura
Heroic Explorer

Kunamo said:

i couldnt even get the compatibility checker to open without crashing.

this is a brand new computer that was advertised as vr ready (AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, AMD Radeon RX 580, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, Windows 10)

if anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated

If you have your rift connected to your computer, unplug it and try running that compatibility checker again. If that still crashes, personally would contact the dealer who sold you that computer and get the easy way out by returning it and getting one which actually works fine.

However if you choose to keep it and want to start troubleshooting further, could you collect some logs and link them to this thread. Here are instructions how to get em.