cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go browser not working

elvedhel
Protege

browser has suddenly stopped working on oculus go, no updates so its not thgat, crashes whenever you try to open vr. very annoying tried to re pair to app but app wont go past the heath and safety acknowledge button on set up and factpry reset isnt working in the go either.. have lots of paid apps so dont want to go down the delte data option as dont want to risk losing all ive paid for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, I've gotten confirmation from the team that the Oculus Go update for the crashing browser was made available to everyone. Check in your Oculus Go settings to make sure that you have the most recent update. The version should say 2000840007740000, as already mentioned. If you don't have an update available currently and you're on the older version still, you can try restarting it and checking for updates again.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and please let us know if anything else comes up. It's always great to send in bug reports when you find something, so the team can take a closer look.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

385 REPLIES 385

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We want to look into this with you so we can get the browser working again. Please PM us or click HERE to submit a support ticket and we'll get this worked out together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

have factory reset but oculus browser still doesnt work, any time you try to watch anything in VR it just gives an application crash error and boots you out oof the browser. given that the go games are now pretty limited the only thing i use the go for is VR video which i can no longer do. a £300 brick

abdel.maach
Honored Guest

I have the same issue! Please help us fix as NO ONE IS HELPING.  - OCULUS GO BROWSER IS NOT WORKING AS OF 2022.

1. WE TRIED FACTORY SETTING. 2 WE TRIED UPDATING BROWSER. Crashes everytime it goes Full Screen. IT says "Crashed and recovered."  OCULUS Team- Please help with something else than factory setting and update browser. 

teelions
Protege

Same problem here.  Seems a time bomb set at 2022.  They want you to buy a Quest 2  

ego.lex.vita
Honored Guest

Same here and other people that I know are having the same problem.

Jade_Marmoset
Explorer

Confirming as well. Can not play any VR video while browsing online.

Soundwise
Honored Guest

Same here!

Is the Oculus Go a licensed software much like MS Windows? Or do users have full rights to their own units?  I mean, what right does Oculus have to place a disabling time bomb code into perhaps millions of VR units to all break at the same exact time? If the software isn't licensed, then it sounds like a potential class action suit.

Jeroen1976sn
Honored Guest

Same issue here