cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go browser not working

elvedhel
Protege

browser has suddenly stopped working on oculus go, no updates so its not thgat, crashes whenever you try to open vr. very annoying tried to re pair to app but app wont go past the heath and safety acknowledge button on set up and factpry reset isnt working in the go either.. have lots of paid apps so dont want to go down the delte data option as dont want to risk losing all ive paid for.

385 REPLIES 385

elvedhel
Protege

funny how i can find zero mention of an update anywhere else other than the alleged promised update on here.. and nope still no sign of it.. google search reveals no mention whatsoever of any forthcoming update to the Go 9 plenty ofr the quest can be found ). feel like its just a smokescreen to avoid the problem in the hope people will drop it. 

we have posted many times that there is no update for us. 

So how is that working out for you? I'm actually using mine daily now. I guess someone broke into my Oculus and just changed the numbers on the software and now it works! 

as mentioned it is not working

there have only been 2 million oculus go been sold (as a comparison there have been 1.9 Billion iphones sold so 950x as many) .... so updating only just 2 million oculus go devices should be done in a day. 

Personally, I'm giving the "fix" until Tuesday. If there is nothing done by then, I'm going to email writers that wrote stories on major outlets recently about Meta / Facebook stocks collapsing. I think they might find it interesting the Facebook is likely crashing older headsets to force customers into buying new headsets every two years. Not exactly a great way to develop brand loyalty, but a quick way to raise cash for a company that is getting destroyed on the markets and needs money flowing. It seems very unlikely that the headsets all crashed on one specific date unless this was a purposeful move. Sorry to the folks that are preaching that we should all be patient, this would have been fixed already if they were a customer focused company, they clearly don't give a **bleep**. The timing is right after the market crash to shed light on the GO issue as these reporters might have greater interest. If anyone choses to bring light to the problem, then I'd suggest googling "facebook meta stock crash" and then hit the news tab for recent articles. I have found numerous articles that include the email addresses for the writers. 

I totally agree with you now. They simply can not keep us waiting for more than a month (and counting) to fix such a critical issue. 
They claim that the update that will fix it is ready but is taking a week roll out to all users?. I’m sorry but I’m not buying this anymore, a critical update when ready needs to be deployed IMMEDIATLY. You can not leave your users more time without a core functionality not working. 

Even if the update reached us tomorrow or on Tuesday. This is not the way to treat your customers and I personally will take this into count for future purchases…

Why, yes it does; looks like they have experience in laughing in peoples faces as they bend them over & have their way with them;
https://abc7news.com/oculus-facebook-lawsuit-vr-meta/11456038/

Maybe if a case could be started in Texas? They seem to be partial to low bull**bleep** out there; 
https://www.expertinstitute.com/resources/insights/facebook-loses-500-million-in-virtual-reality-law...

I'd bet a dollar the be patient crowd are just trolling; like one regularly see on social media countering every argument to every argument; ad infinitum.