cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go browser not working

elvedhel
Protege

browser has suddenly stopped working on oculus go, no updates so its not thgat, crashes whenever you try to open vr. very annoying tried to re pair to app but app wont go past the heath and safety acknowledge button on set up and factpry reset isnt working in the go either.. have lots of paid apps so dont want to go down the delte data option as dont want to risk losing all ive paid for.

385 REPLIES 385

OndaNegra
Protege

Dude it's freaking FBook! they know y'all & have calculated your clout as insufficient to cause an issue;  Go is dead; 

indeed, then we know we can throw away the Oculus Quest 2 also in due time

some companies have a different policy to keep clients in ... https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in ....

It's also a shame that they decided to not only go this route but lie about it to the people who trusted them. I really don't think that's a good customer retention strategy.  For the record (@Oculus_RyanS), I don't have an update either and it's been 10 days since the "fix".

What I've been saying all along: Go to the media,  Submit to your favorite news site. Even CNN. Online sites are dying for a good story and anything about Facebook/Meta is sure to grab them.  Their investigative staff would unfold the truth better than the Support staff here if telling us.

MichaelAaron
Explorer

2/11/22 at 9:38am est. Still no update. This is bs.

rog737
Explorer

I finally got the update today and VR web content is working again.

However the whole headset and other Apps are slow and unresponsive/stuttering. I am hoping this is going to settle down and there is just some sort of upgrade and garbage collection process that you sometimes get with Android updates going on in the background!

teelions
Protege

I'd like to meet  @Oculus_RyanS in person!

Maybe the one's not threatening them got fixed up first. Just a thought.

lucas.wilde
Explorer

I deleted the oculus go app, did a factory reset, reinstalled the app, re-set up device again. Still no update. Waited about 24 hours then on Th evening about 11:40pm CST the software update was available. Downloaded/restarted the GO and VR content from browser is working. I can confirm the update will fix the problem but this slow rollout process is a nightmare. Just keep checking for it periodically. 

They are trying to force hardware upgrades by software-bricking old devices. This is a pretty old tactic, but a pretty new hardware company. There will have to be another, more mature platform or manufacturer for these technologies to flourish. Where Meta has a patent library to wield, the process will take decades.