cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest 1 heavy controller drift

Speedymichiel
Level 3

Hey,  does anybody know how to get in touch with oculus support for a controller drift issue with my left controller of the oculus quest 1? When i go to their support page i cant select anything to report a problem for a quest 1.
Any help is welcome because right now i cant play any games since i cant walk properly left or stand still because the controller drift is constantly moving to the right at given moments (not always but at certain moments).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ive tried all the options/solutions i could find and been asked for me to do. It didnt work and i eventually came out with support that i could sent this controller up and get a replacement.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

biscuitsngravyy
Oculus Support
Oculus Support

It seems like the Quest 1 being missing was just an honest oversight. It's definitely being looked into and hopefully we get it updated/fixed soon. For now, you can go ahead and select Meta Quest 2 and you'll still get the help you need. The product selection page is to just collect as much information about the issue you're experiencing to make it easier on the agent who's assisting you. 

As for the drift issue you're experiencing, try the following steps to see if it helps out:

• Remove the batteries for at least 30 minutes before attempting to use them again.
    Try increasing the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue.
  • Unpair and re-pair your controllers. For steps on doing so, please click here.
  • Use a dry cloth or non-abrasive anti-bacterial wipes to clean your remote. Don’t use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution.

If you're still having issues, definitely reach out to the Support Team for further assistance.

ive tried the 3 options you said, it didnt work. I made a little video about it that shows that its pretty heavy and send it to support. Still thank you for the responds

Hey there, Speedymichiel. We appreciate you trying those steps, and we know the importance of controller functionality, so we would be happy to pick up where you left off and provide some additional steps to try to get this resolved. On your Quest settings menu, open the Device menu, then look for Tracking Frequency in the list. Your choices are automatic, 50 Hz, or 60 Hz. Choose 60 Hz, let us know if that works!

Hey, i have had my controller tracking on 60hz from the moment i've watcged a video with recommended settings when i first got the oculus quest. So that doesnt seem to be the problem since i already have it on 60hz.

Hey Speedymichiel! Thank you for letting us know! We want to make sure of a couple key aspects that improve tracking, please follow the list of steps to see if you are meeting the requirements for improved tracking:

• Has your play area changed recently? Any new light fixtures or has any light been taken away from your place space? It is important that your place space is well lit and not too dark. Also, having too many little lights (i.e. string lights or Christmas tree lights) can cause the tracking to mess up making your controllers drift.
  • Have you attempted cleaning the cameras on your headset? The outside cameras can get a little dirty and cause tracking to mess up as it is harder for the headset to tell the depth of your play space
    • Use a dry optical lens micro-fibre cloth to clean your headset lenses. Don't use liquid or chemical cleansers.
  • Please unpair and repair your controllers:
    • First,
      • Open the Oculus app on the phone.
      • Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
      • Tap the headset that is currently paired.
      • Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
      • Tap Unpair Controller.
    • After your controllers are unpaired, complete the following to repair your controllers
    • If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap Continue on the Oculus app.
      • Open the Oculus app
      • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 in the top left corner of the Oculus app
      • Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.
      • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 under the user's name and email.
      • Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

We hope this helps! If not, please send us a private message and we can continue looking into other possible troubleshooting steps! 

ive tried all the options/solutions i could find and been asked for me to do. It didnt work and i eventually came out with support that i could sent this controller up and get a replacement.