cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest will sometimes work with USB 3.0 and almost always with USB 2.0.

mrchair2157
Level 3

My oculus quest will very rarely want to work with USB 3.0 but will work with USB 2.0. USB 2.0 will disconnect after some time. USB 3.0 will disconnect after a very short amount of time I think the reason why USB 3.0 disconnects so soon are the USB 3.0 device in the device manager the computer was allowed to turn it off. but I can not test my theory because USB 3.0 does not work. my system specs are Ryzen 5 3600x GTX 1660 ti 128 SSD Asus rog B450-F gaming motherboard. thank you in advance.

edit: the port I use commonly most be USB 3.0 and I have tried different ports on my motherboard witch also identify as USB 3.0.

i have recently updated my bios if that might have something to do with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agree with you, sounds like a cable problem. You need to be sure to purchase a quality cable...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

LastMohikaner
Level 4

Run the "USB Deview" and check whether the port is the real USB 3.0

mrchair2157
Level 3

I have tried most ports on my pc and none of them work. in the windows device manager, it identifies the port I commonly have USB 3.0 on my motherboard and it does not work. neither my pc nor my oculus quest displays a connection. but my oculus does charge. USBDeview does not register it connecting.

The only thing you can try is to turn off the „USB Legacy Support“ in your BIOS and see whether it might help. Otherwise I would check whether there is a hardware issue with your mainboard if its not registering in USB Deview.

mrchair2157
Level 3

I ended up uninstalling the oculus software earlier and while I was reinstalling it I was testing the oculus link cable and 2 different charge cables for my phone to see if it would recognize my phone as a storage device. the oculus link cable only did it once out of a couple of times. once the software was installed it asked me to set up a device I used the oculus link cable it did not detect my headset, but when I used my charger it identified it as a USB 2.0 connection (witch my chargers are USB 2.0). so this sounds like a cable problem, what do you think?

thank you for your help.

Agree with you, sounds like a cable problem. You need to be sure to purchase a quality cable...

View solution in original post