cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest2 Connected but Limmited connection,

panmaster
Level 5
Quest2 does not work, it connected to the network  but it says it has limmited conection, what  do i do? i will return the device, because i am fed up with oculus  setups!
27 REPLIES 27

PITTCANNA
Level 13
Limited access means that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, but the Wi-Fi network isn't connected to the internet. That means the Wi-Fi doesn't have a working internet connection. You can take all the benefits of a Wi-Fi network in this situation, but you won't be able to use the internet to open websites or apps.

this seems to be a problem with your router/modem.  

Limited connection means that the system has successfully connected to the router, but the computer wasn't assigned a valid IP address, so you can't actually get to the Internet. ... If you're connected to a home network, try restarting the router. Check if you are able to obtain an IP (internet protocol) address

PITTCANNA
Level 13
you could also remove all wifi devices from the network, then reconnect them.  sometimes there is an ip conflict.

panmaster
Level 5
my phone connects to the  wifi router and internet just fine, all devices get acces to the internet throught wifi, BUT oculus quest2,  does not, i restarted quest2, i restared router and  made  default settings, still the same

PITTCANNA
Level 13
do you have a mesh network?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZbqO59hLY

you might need to need to adjust ssid settings.

panmaster
Level 5
I even locked the network, and  given only pass for the quest as the only  wifi device with access ti the network, still LIMITED acces,

panmaster
Level 5
SOLVED, use  your mobile phone  as HOTSPOT, and connect  to the internet  throught Mobile Hotspot,  oculus quest will update, when its up to date, it works

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont have hotspot antother way?

yohaansnows
Level 2

What worked for me was setting the correct date and time ( it was off by months and thus internet / DNS was getting blocked

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/c8o35g/allow_us_to_adjust_timetimezone_without_having_...
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/c5awp6/any_way_that_i_can_get_access_to_master_setting...

JUST GET SETTINGS APP AND SET THE CORRECT DATE AND TIME

ztech3D
Level 3

Happy to say I found my own work around before doing a factory reset (honestly don't believe it would of solved anything)

For starters this is in response to being sent into the future 2037...I suspect do to recent update to 37

Tried every other option Ive found in these and other blogs. 

So open SideQuest (no more sidequest tv) go to "currently installed apps" -> switch "show all" -> find com.android.settings click gear setting and "launch app" -> on your Oculus scroll down to the "System" and select -> Go to "date and time" switch off "network-provided time" enter manually and your good to go!

Sure hope Oculus fixes this with an update was about to be pretty upset having to do a factory restore