cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus setup.exe broken.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus setup keeps asking me to install a couple of windows 7 updates which are already installed.  Check it out in this video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLhvkVFHZo4 ; How can I bypass this step??  Please help.  I put in an official support request 2 days ago and have not heard from anyone. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone? 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about this. Let me see if anyone knows anything.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
So there is a trick to skip that part of the setup. Open the command prompt (and navigate to the folder where the setup file exists) and run this:
OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
However, if the hotfixes *are* missing you will have lots of problems after that point.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!  will try that.  You are my hero for responding.
The official Oculus support channel of submitting a help ticket is in need of a whole lot of improvement at this point.  I sent the same message and video to them and after more than 2 days they wrote back telling me to uninstall the Oculus software and try again.  How am I supposed to uninstall software I can't install to begin with?  *facepalm* 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, Oculus Support has been slammed since the launch, and may be a bit behind in responding. Plus, the software is so new, we are still discovering the issues and solutions so it's sort of a learning period. Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again for the response.  The bypass trick worked like a charm.  I'm in the matrix now!

Lucky_D
Heroic Explorer
On a different note.  If that video is your PC, could you have any more icons on your desktop?  Wait, I think you missed a spot.

Do you know that the more items you have on your desktop the more time windows takes to load your profile on startup thus increasing your startup time. 

LewisJT
Honored Guest
HI guys, 

I attempted to run the CMD as shown however no joy.

Windows is definitely not my strong point so apologies if the answer to my problem is very simple.

Thanks in advance

Ljb692pa5bpic.jpg 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Ok, so first off, you have typed in the command incorrectly (typo) look at my post above again. Secondly, you have to navigate to the folder where Oculus setup exists inside the command window before running the command. Lastly, that command is supposed to help only in a few specific situations where Windows became corrupted.

In your case, it may be that you actually do not have those hotfixes installed, in which case nothing is going to work either way. The easiest thing to do would be to fully update Windows Update. You may also want to consider upgrading to Windows 10. Hope that helps.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?