cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovr-platform-util.exe wont run on my windows 11

Linkens
Honored Guest

Any attempt to run the tool will give me this error, I have pasted every portion of this error message and had only a vague reference to a missing JRE.
I tried to install a java runtime enviromenet but I don't even know which is missing.
Can someone help ?

CWINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe.jpg

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

amicciulla
Honored Guest

I recently updated to the latest version of ovr-platform-util and started hitting this error.  It was only occurring on our build machine.  This machine happened to have a cd-rom drive mapped to 'D:'.  After disabling the cd-rom device, ovr-platform-util runs without issue.

I'm guessing that the tool is attempting to read 'D:\full-fbsource\arvr\js\node_modules\yargs\locales\en.json', possibly expecting to catch a 'file not found' exception.  But because the cd-drive is empty, windows isn't returning the standard ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error code, which causes nodejs to throw an 'unknown error' instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

amicciulla
Honored Guest

I recently updated to the latest version of ovr-platform-util and started hitting this error.  It was only occurring on our build machine.  This machine happened to have a cd-rom drive mapped to 'D:'.  After disabling the cd-rom device, ovr-platform-util runs without issue.

I'm guessing that the tool is attempting to read 'D:\full-fbsource\arvr\js\node_modules\yargs\locales\en.json', possibly expecting to catch a 'file not found' exception.  But because the cd-drive is empty, windows isn't returning the standard ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error code, which causes nodejs to throw an 'unknown error' instead.

Linkens
Honored Guest

That's it ! My Windows installation had the boot drive Split in two : C:/ for Windows D:/ for critical system. Therefore the D drive existed, but wasn't "browsable". I changed it's drive letter to Z, and all was well again.

Thanks !