cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with rift and intel usb super speed hub on windows 10 boot

Sephiroth986
Protege
hi guys
i have a bad problem with my oculus rift and usb 3.0 ports on my msi h170 gaming m3.
any time, i power on my pc, and i see a random error on usb superspeed hub. i need to remove and reinsert the usb cable for fix it. i have try to remove all usb device, insert 2 sensor in 2.0 usb port and rift on 3.0 port...i have activated only uefi bios with xhci enabled or disabled, i have deactivated legacy usb port option, i have activate fastboot or not....i don't know whats other option i can change...
i have try to reinstall a clean oculus app, i have updated all pc drivers with driverboost...nothing...i have Always a randon usb error.

i see that any time, the oculus software, see the rift on usb 2.0....if i remove and insert again any time the cable in the same usb port, then i see again usb 3.0...

the support center, can't find any solution for me...i don't understand what's the problem? 

thanks for your support and sorry for my bad english (i'm italian)
10 REPLIES 10

RattyUK
Trustee
Just a suggestion from past experience (which may not be the case in your issue)  - have you checked the driver provider for your USB chipset?  I had an issue in the past where the Intel driver was being constantly replaced by the 'preferred' Microsoft one, with W10 telling me it was 'the best' driver even though it didn't function correctly!
I wasn't able to prevent a merry-go-round of driver installs as W10 would 'update' the driver each restart!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I had a similar problem with one of my super speed USB ports.  I got into device manager and uninstalled it.  Then restarted my pc and let windows find the correct driver.  Worked fine ever since, that is no more yellow warning triangles on that usb pot.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Sephiroth986
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

I had a similar problem with one of my super speed USB ports.  I got into device manager and uninstalled it.  Then restarted my pc and let windows find the correct driver.  Worked fine ever since, that is no more yellow warning triangles on that usb pot.

i have uninstall the driver device with yellow triangle when i see the random error....i have always the same problem next the reinstallation :neutral:

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but it’s not really clear what you actually did.  Maybe you need to add an Oculus approved usb 3.0 board and connect 2x sensors and Rift to it.  Might be best to try working this out with Oculus support again imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Sephiroth986
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Sorry but it’s not really clear what you actually did.  Maybe you need to add an Oculus approved usb 3.0 board and connect 2x sensors and Rift to it.  Might be best to try working this out with Oculus support again imho.

any good cheap board? it's the unique solution a pci board?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

If you look at the Oculus Support info you will find that they recommend the Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card.  Looks pretty inexpensive, ~$25.

Sephiroth986
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

TomCgcmfc said:

If you look at the Oculus Support info you will find that they recommend the Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card.  Looks pretty inexpensive, ~$25.

this? : https://www.amazon.it/Inateck-KTU3FR-4P-Express-Controller-compatible/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543789289&sr=8-1&keywords=Inateck+Superspeed+4+Ports+PCI-E+to+USB+3.0

i don't read good opinion about this card and oculus rift...

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well that’s what appears to be recommend by Oculus.  If you are unsure just ask Oculus support I guess.  Kinda hard to believe this did not get addressed when you first started a suppprt ticket.  Sorry but I really cannot help you further but I’m sure you will sort this out eventually.  Good luck with all that.

Sephiroth986
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Well that’s what appears to be recommend by Oculus.  If you are unsure just ask Oculus support I guess.  Kinda hard to believe this did not get addressed when you first started a suppprt ticket.  Sorry but I really cannot help you further but I’m sure you will sort this out eventually.  Good luck with all that.

oculus support never tell me to buy a pci express usb card...so...now they investigate about my problem with my last log zip file....i hope in a good solution...