cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 silicon cover recall

cmikiako
Honored Guest

a little concern about your quest 2 recall. how about the other contry like me here in kuwait you don't have recall here? 

because i tried to apply for the recall and it's fail

so you mean it's not all? how about my son having alergy because of the foam and me as well.

my son is using hand towel around the foam so he can play the quest 2

2 REPLIES 2

myBadStudios
Protege

So I just got an email from Amazon a few hours ago informing me of this whole Quest 2 causing face rashes thing and went to Google it. The doc I read cited all the various irritations you could suffer and state that apparently some people actually ended up in hospital with this issue. Eek! Scary stuff!

So I go to the Oculus My Products section to order myself the free silicone cover that Facebook so generously offers to people to, you know, not damage their faces..... and there  found that my country is not in the drop down so Facebook is basically saying "If you are in one of these 20 countries in the world we will keep you safe from harm. The rest of you, you don't really need faces, do you? Just go away already, we don't care about your health"

Is that really all there is to it? "We don't care about your health, just go away" or is there some course of action people can take to get those covers if they are not in the (very) short list of countries in that dropdown?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Officially there are only 23 countries that Oculus sells headsets to. Oculus will also only provide support (like repairs, replacements, etc) to these 23 countries. Other headsets do this too (I think the Index was only 31 countries), and it's a very common practice for cameras.

If you bought the Quest in one of those countries then moved, I guess there might be a chance if you open a ticket with support.

Check out VR Cover, they make Quest silicone covers and may ship to your areas: https://vrcover.com/item/oculus-quest-2-silicone-cover/

The silicone covers from VR Cover are usually $14us, but they are 50% off for the next 3 days.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2