cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~~"Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service"~~

SrgtPlugDatPuss
Honored Guest
Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support.

PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!?! I Dont Understand it was working perfectly last night wouldnt you know it my weekend it screws up, just my luck swear it. haha well with that being said please give me some feed back folks My VR experiance is PRIME Never have issues that i havent completely been able too fix honestly...
3 REPLIES 3

GroovyMonster
Protege
Had this error last week for the first time EVER, and now just got it again a minute ago. Tried to use the Oculus Debug tool to restart the service, but that gave an error, too, so had to resort to using the Oculus Tray Tool to do it (using the Windows Task Manager wouldn't restart it, either). Now it's working again.

Getting really tired of all these annoying errors and instability the last few months, honestly. My Rift had been rock solid for over 2 years now (just always worked perfectly with every update!), and all of a sudden lately, every update keeps breaking it and making it unstable, and just so....finicky and wonky in general. Very frustrating.

SrgtPlugDatPuss
Honored Guest

Had this error last week for the first time EVER, and now just got it again a minute ago. Tried to use the Oculus Debug tool to restart the service, but that gave an error, too, so had to resort to using the Oculus Tray Tool to do it (using the Windows Task Manager wouldn't restart it, either). Now it's working again.

Getting really tired of all these annoying errors and instability the last few months, honestly. My Rift had been rock solid for over 2 years now (just always worked perfectly with every update!), and all of a sudden lately, every update keeps breaking it and making it unstable, and just so....finicky and wonky in general. Very frustrating.

You definitely hit it right on the money, but i purchased my oculus rift brand new a month or so ago, & it worked amazingly buuut, now ughhh i wanna throw it against a wall which is ironic bc its hangin on the wall  next too my gamer/multi-media/editing pc.4wif4nbjq7qt.jpg

nomad512
Explorer
I had the same problem. There's a patch for the launcher: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/