cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check Your Setup" CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..."

Infinite
Honored Guest
Hi. I cannot install the CV1. The Oculus software is stuck in a loop on "Check Your Setup". I cannot get out of this mode to check any settings or hardware statuses. I'm certain the external tracking camera is also not installed correctly.

I can also see in Device Manager CV1 External Camera a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. When I force Uninstal I get CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..." Windows is stuck trying to get the driver. It eventually fails with No driver found. But it doesn't matter as I cannot do anything else because Oculus is stuck at "Check Your Setup" page.

Where can I download the CV1 External Camera driver?

In the past I have installed a multiple DK1's, multiple DK2's, GearVR, multiple VIVE's and VIVE Pre. The CV1 so far has been a nightmare to get working. I haven't seen many others with this bug.

What causes this "Check Your Setup" software loop. How do I get out of it? There is no back button or settings button. No icon tray to back end settings. I've I'm struggling with this as a developer, how the hell are consumers going to manage?

Why can't Windows find the driver?

I have updated Win7 to the latest patches, I've downloaded the latest Fresco USB3 drivers. I've tried USB2 and USB3. I've tried to uninstall Oculus and re-install only to be greeted once again with "Check Your Setup"

Can anyone help?

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/checkyoursetup.jpg

_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net
44 REPLIES 44

cybereality
Grand Champion
So, can you try on a different computer (maybe one with Windows 8 or 10)? I'm thinking that it may be a hardware issue, either incompatibility with your computer or a defective sensor. I don't think there should be any hassle in installing the driver.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Honored Guest
At the moment I cannot try on another computer. I'm not sure when I will be able to do that. Shame it wont install here. All other VR headsets installed without problem.

I will look into buying a brand new VR ready PC, it wont be cheap 🙂 I need to move to Windows 10 anyway. Hopefully this thread might be useful to others.

I will report back if I can get a new PC in place.

Thanks for your help Cybereality.
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

Infinite
Honored Guest
Cybereality is there no way to get access to the actual CV1 External Camera driver files so I can point Windows to them directly? That might help.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try running "oculus-driver.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers"?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Honored Guest
Thanks, that certainly helped force the drivers into Windows7. The sensor was seemingly then installed. However. I go through the setup procedure. All seems fine on "Connect Your Rift Headset and Oculus Sensor". Then a few pages down the line "Check Sensor Setup" "Your sensor isn't working properly...

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/sensorfail.jpg

I've tried various ports.

I just got another popup from Windows

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/sensorfail02.jpg

The CV1 is not listed in Device Manager with the yellow warning but seems it's still not installed.

The sensor is emitting heat so it's doing something. I've tried various USB ports.

"Connect Your Rift Headset and Oculus Sensor" tells me the Sensor USB is OK, yet Windows says it's not installed and I get "Check Sensor Setup" "Your sensor isn't working properly...

This is a hard install.

The driver seems to be installed

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/driver.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please provide the log files I requested (just scroll up for the instructions)? That will help me in having the engineering here try to diagnose the problem. Thanks.

Infinite
Honored Guest
Sure thing. I sent them to you by PM about 2 days ago 🙂

Do you need another set?

Infinite
Honored Guest
Another set sent by PM.

Infinite
Honored Guest
Hi Cybereality. Did you receive the PM details?

Infinite
Honored Guest
Hi Cybereality. Did you receive the PM details?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?