cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Confirm account merge" keeps failing

Nein.E.Levin
Honored Guest

I've recently purchased a Quest 2 and am currently in the first setup process.

I created an Oculus account and am trying to merge it with my Facebook account from the Oculus mobile app, but every time I confirm, an error message pops up reading:

"Unable to connect: Sorry, there was a problem connecting your Facebook account. Please try again later."

I've also tried merging it from my computer, but yet again it throws the same error.

I'm stuck at this stage because the account merging is required in order to pair my headset with my phone. How do I resolve this issue?

8 REPLIES 8

BlooShades
Honored Guest

Signal boosting, having the same issue.

Bonilllaaa
Honored Guest

Same here. I tried so many steps to troubleshoot but still nothing. Hopefully support resolves the issue soon.

solidseminole
Honored Guest

I am having the same problem as well. Both my emails match, I've never had my FB account suspended before. I've had this account since forever ago. It's extremely irritating that this has to be linked for it to sync with the app. 

mforcevirus
Honored Guest

I've been trying too but it looks like this issue is still going after all this time. 

Hey there, @mforcevirus! We can definitely understand your concern regarding this error that comes up when you try to link your Meta account and Facebook account together. Not to worry, Facebook accounts are no longer required to use our VR headsets! You should be able to create your account and setup your device without linking the Facebook account. If you still run into issues however, definitely let us know so we can help out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'll try and find a different way of doing it then because when I logged into the PC app with my oculus account it kept sending me to the facebook pages

Hey @mforcevirus, we see that you are still experiencing some issues with linking your Meta account and Facebook account together. We definitely understand the importance of this and want to help you get this sorted out as quickly as possible! Have you tried to login using your email and password combination? We'd recommend trying that and if you want to link your Facebook, you can always do so at a later time. Please let us know if this works out for you! We'll be standing by just in case further assistance is needed. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi @mforcevirus, we just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance with getting your accounts linked together. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help!