cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Continue with Facebook" freezes Oculus software on new install

tiny_rick
Honored Guest
I just upgraded SSDs on my gaming rig and when I installed Oculus on the new install of Windows 10 (same version as the previous SSD), I can't click the "Continue with Facebook" button otherwise the Oculus app freezes for 30 seconds and then closes.

My account is a Facebook account, so now I can't even get past the first screen.
5 REPLIES 5

HockadayWorks
Honored Guest
Same. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled the software, the program just force closes. 

I'm missing all the included games as well. Not impressed at all with this. 

Edit: A temp fix is to add a password to your account, and sign in w/ your email and password. 

esben_dalgaard_
Explorer
Same problem. Had my Rift installed on my old pc(which didn't meet min req.), then i upgraded it for a better experience, but 'lo and behold, it freezes whenever i ask it about facebook. Even after creating a new account(which is then missing all my content), I can't get it to connect.

Means I'm missing all my bundled touch games and saves 😞

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KatNoir
Honored Guest
Did anyone find a fix for this?

NeoTechni
Protege

Apparently not. 2021 and I'm having the problem