cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Sorry, we couldn't install Lone Echo II. Visit Oculus Support to get help"

TreeFa
Level 3

When I try to install Lone Echo II, I get the error:
"Sorry, we couldn't install Lone Echo II.
Visit Oculus Support to get help"

1) Managed to install Lone Echo I on a previous version of the store app back in april, it got updated since.
2) 60GB free on ๐Ÿ˜ง

3) My Library Location C:\Program Files\Oculus & D:\Oculus is "Default"
4) Quest 2
6) Oculus App Version 34.0.0.53.185 (34.0.0.53.185)
7) Win10 + i7 7700k + RTX2080 + 32GB

๐Ÿ˜Ž Already tried 5 times - usually drops download/install around 70%

๐Ÿ˜Ž Tried running the store app with admin and Bitdefender is not blocking any traffic -> firewall is not an issue

9) Resuming download is not working, deletes the staging and downloaded parts. When manually creating the staging sub folder it sometimes resumes but later (randomly) gets deleted and shows the above mentioned error.

10) Tried reinstalling the store app - still no success

11) I use a mobile network hotspot with a wifi6 router configured as a repeater - is this the issue?

What is going on? 

Please help to resolve the issue.

4 REPLIES 4

RuneSR2
Level 15

Just be sure the download does not get interrupted - if it does for more than a few seconds the download will terminate, as you know. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTXโ„ข 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

So you are saying that when the mobile network is reconnecting i.e. changing carrier band or a cell tower the desktop app is just giving up?

You just need to maintain full connection throughout the download session.

Some years ago I had a slow connection, and download would often terminate when kids and the wife were using the connection - back then I downloaded big games at night where I had full speed, lol. But did get games like Asgard's Wrath downloaded that way - that was 80 GB download.

Steam is much better, Oculus downloads are very sensitive ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTXโ„ข 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

You're right - as it turns out from several posts on reddit, you can prevent restarting the whole download process by making a "backup copy" - I took one at ~70% - of the entire "D:\Oculus" (I made a new default install location first) folder which contains the "staging" sub-folder. When downloading fails you just copy it back to the original location and the download resumes from 70% instead from 0%. I have no idea why the store app deletes everything when the internet signal is dropped, instead of keeping it and trying to resume the process. Oculus really should address this, since 5G mobile networks are getting used more often and naturally the $#itty wifi is eternal.