cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following service-specific error"

Tantris_
Honored Guest

Hiya!
My girlfriend has an issue with her OR Library Service on her Windows
10 laptop. Every few minutes, whatever she is doing and whatever program
is running, she gets pulled to her desktop. No error screens or whatever, just out of nothing the program she is in is minimized. In a VR game her controllers go non-responsive for a couple of seconds.

It happens every two to five minutes, or whenever the Oculus app is started. I checked her Event Viewer
and noticed that it should be the following error, based on the timing
the problem occurs.

''The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following service-specific error:

Incorrect function.''

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Event ID 7024

I
did a google search for this specific problem and found only one topic
that mentions this as well, but it's not really useful (for us): https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47914/oculus-library-service-is-not-working

We're not at all tech-savvy, so I don't know what additional info would have been helpful.

Thanks in advance for everyone who wants to spend their valuable time looking into this!

6 REPLIES 6

JDMB20TDA
Explorer

The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following service-specific error: The handle is invalid.

same issue ive been trying to track down some time all games must be played in windowed mode or it kicks me to the desktop.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for reaching out! We noticed that you are receiving an error code while attempting to access the Oculus VR Library. We understand that these error codes can be a setback when trying to enjoy your VR gaming experience. We're here to assist. First, may you verify which device you are using the Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Rift S, or the Oculus Rift?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JDMB20TDA_1-1640803063401.png

oculus quest 2.

this error happens even as the computer is sitting idle. notice the screen shot above, all of those error reports are Oculus library related.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for getting back to us so promptly! Looks like we will need to collect your Oculus logs to assist you further. To do so, please click here and submit a ticket on our website. We're standing by to help! Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You've collected oculus logs in the past and solved zero issues. This will be the 3rd time submitting logs. 

Thanks for letting us know that, would you mind sending us the ticket number of your most recent conversation so we can review this for you? Thank you in advance!