cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Update your Graphics Card Driver"

Globespy
Expert Protege
Performed a clean install of Win 10 V1809 (17763.134)
i7 8086K
GtX1080ti
32GB DDR4
Z370 AsRock Extreme4

All drivers installed  - device manager no warnings.
Nvidia 385.69 - my 'go to' driver that I have used since release for it's stability and performance. Oculus worked perfectly with it, even the latest Dash which I was using on my previous Win 10 v1809 install (I did a fresh install as I had done the upgrade from v1803 and problems ensued)

I have installed the motherboard on-board VGA software in Windows (someone suggested this) but it is still nonetheless disabled in BIOS, only my Nvidia PCIe GTX1080ti is in device manager.
I have installed the Oculus software and as soon as I start it I get this message that I need to update my graphics driver.
The message comes up even with no Oculus hardware connected (I have tried connected and disconnected).

I don't have any previous AMD cards - I saw some post about a Vulkan driver that was causing issues for some in the latest Nvidia drivers, but this is not present in my windows/system32 folder so that's not the issue.

Have Oculus changed the minimum driver version? And if so, why did my usual driver work just fine yesterday (before fresh Win 10 install) with the new Oculus Dash?

I'm at a complete loss.

UPDATE - FIX:

I guess my older drivers are no longer supported with a fresh installation.
I went to 391.35 and it works again.
Strange that 385.69 worked fine yesterday with the same Win 10 build?
ro1s8m9evb8k.png
0 REPLIES 0