cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recently Purchased

FakeHypeBeast
Honored Guest

i just got my quest 2 along with the quest link hoping to play games that i already had which supported VR. This seems to not be the case as Oculus has made it very difficult to run any games you do not purchase through them I purchased Blades and sorcery though the steam store and after hours of trying to use my quest link and steam vr to run the game it would simply keep crashing but the moment i purchase it through oculus it works like a charm. I am now trying to play starwars squadrons in vr but since it is not through oculus i am having the same issue of the game not even being able to open. I would love some help on what to do to make my steam vr work without crashing, unless this is not a just me issue and oculus has intentionally made it more difficult to play games you did not buy through them.

1 REPLY 1

PITTCANNA
Visionary

VR is challenging to run.  Did you even check the specs for oculus link compatibility.
https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-link-compatibility
The quest 2 via link has a max cap of 120hz and 2k plus per eye resolution.  Its not something even 20 series can hang with at max settings.

i have the following specs

i7-96ook

2080 super

16 gig ram

wifi 6 router

usb 3.0 a to c cable

releatively new mother board

512 ssd

i can run pcvr @80 to 90 hz using 1.1 to 1.2 render scale, if i want run 120 i drop it to .95 or 1x

steam vr and rift titles run fine wired or wirelessly

200 fixed encoding for air link

500 fixed encoding wired

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?