cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving game progress and settings to pc

LegendV34
Honored Guest

my quest 2 is acting up and im gonna factory reset it. is there a way to save my game progress to my PC, and potentially customized settings (ie. Home Environment and other settings), so my quest feels the same even after reset? I know how to get to game directories, etc. and only admin account is important as there are no others.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @LegendV34! That sounds like quite the pickle you're in there, so we'd love to provide our insight! 

As for backing up your content, we do have a couple steps which should help out:

1. Close the Oculus app.
  2. Find the folder you downloaded the Oculus app to (example: C:\Program Files\Oculus).
  3. Copy the Software folder and then back it up to a new directory.

As for restoring your content, the steps can be found through the following link here

Let us know how those work out for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @LegendV34! Just checking in to see if those previous steps seemed to help out.

Looking forward to your update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yeah, it did. Thanks

Awesome, thank you for the update! if you run into any other issues or have any other questions, feel free to reach back out anytime!