cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up Rift and Touch controllers with only 3xusb 3.0 ports

sbowloc
Explorer
I am fairly new to the rift and have been reading about various ways to connect sensors and the need to spread them around the usb ports so my question is: 
I have a ROG GL702VM-GC003T which has 3xusb 3.0 ports and an Intel Thunderbolt 3 with type C connection port, I have a 4 port usb3.0 hub to plug in this, so what would be the best way to set up everything.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
You do need a total of 3 USB ports. However, having all 3 cables on one internet USB controller can sometimes lead to bandwidth issues or poor tracking. You can try plugging 2 cables into the USB ports directly, and then have 1 on the hub. That may work.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sbowloc
Explorer
Thanks, I tried that today and everything set up fine. I had 2 sensors and the headset in the 3xUSB 3.0 ports and everything else in the USB C port, the C port has Thunderbolt 3 so runs all the other bits with ease....