cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shaking/jittering/sudden movement

ker2x
Protege
Sometimes, for a fraction of a seconds my controllers or my position is moving by a few centimeters. it happens 1~2 times per minute. I'm mostly using Medium and it's a disaster.

I never had the problem when i had only 1 sensor and no touch, i have it since day 1 i got the touch controler.
I tried to move the sensors, ran setup a million times. I don't know what to do.

It's a very bad experience when it happens and it's even worse when sculpting.
I'm not the only one with this problem, it's killing me.

someone suggested it could be a USB issue so i unplugged any unused USB device and plugged one of the sensor to the rear usb 3 port. But it doesn't change anything at all, not better, not worse.

The sensors are on my desk. 1~2 meters appart, slightly above my head height.

any suggestion welcome, i'm desperate.
76 REPLIES 76

ker2x
Protege
i have a new behaviour. i had it 1st when playing the Medium tutorial, found it weird but maybe it was on the tutorial, but it happened just now again while sculpting.

One of the controler start to move in circle larger and larger (well, in a spiral).

PS : I tried moving away from the sensor thinking that maybe i was too close and one of the sensor is loosing track from time to time. It didn't change anything.
PPS : the spiraling movement happened before i moved away, and also after. So it's not the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue as you describe in the OP. The issue is present in all apps and in home. Makes the experience very uncomfortable.

ker2x
Protege
i connected all 3 ports to the rear connectors (directly on the motherboard instead of some wiring), the problem is the same.

ker2x
Protege
i moved the sensors lower and closer and tried again for a few mn and didn't have the issue. I'll keep you updated after a longer period of time.

ker2x
Protege
i found this reddit thread reporting similar issues : https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5hbxxg/anyone_having_controller_warpingtracking_loss/

YoLolo69
Trustee
IR can be sensible. It's probably not related to what you experiment currently, but I had some bad experience due to IR been sensitive with a window (mirror would be worst I guess), which is in my bottom right side and when I was using the sensor to the left side of my monitor (so in a virtual line between sensor, me, and the window) and also a more surprising one where it took several hours before I understand what happened : I had just updated my NVidia drivers and Oculus was updated to 10.something and my screen was jumping each 5 seconds/15seconds like hell and I spend tons of time trying to find the software issue. In fact it was due to a candle on my back (2 meters behind me), those candle meant to dispatch perfume (vanilla if you wonder). The dancing flame was probably sending tons of IR rays behind me, making the sensor to go crazy. Fixed as soon as I moved the candle.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

ker2x
Protege
YoLo : thx for your reply. I try my best to avoid this and i'm pretty sure it's not the issue. But of course i'll keep exploring this possibility, i have a lot of stuff behind me and maybe one of them is reflecting IR.

Sanborn
Explorer
Hello, I am BSanbizzle on that reddit thread linked above.

There is definitely something weird going on software wise with the controllers being seen by multiple cameras, I'm not convinced it is a USB issues.

Both of my sensors are upside down, I'm REALLY hoping this is not a showstopper.
@cybereality There seems to be a large amount of people in my reddit thread reporting identical issues. May want to get ahead of this now.

jesdev13
Honored Guest
Same issue here. The entire play area is jumping sometimes up to a foot back and forth depending on where  I am. I've tried multiple camera locations, USB ports, etc. My hands in game will start jerking around, even the head set from time to time. Ugh.