cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suddenly today - "This device is connected to an existing account." - not letting log in

VollePlaye
Honored Guest

Oculus Quest 2 worked fine till yesterday. Today all of a sudden it prompts me to login to my account for some reason and after entering the (correct) password of the ONLY facebook account I have - it says: "This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info." I can't access any of my paid apps and the device is basically a toy-brick-with-login-prompt till that issue is fixed...

I searched for workarounds and there was another thread suggesting same happened for many people on Feb 24th (but the problem was only admitted 2 weeks later: issue resulted in lost access to some user's accounts on March 8th). And here I am today (April 13th) - one of new victims of same/similar glitch, with now-unusable device (likely for a couple of weeks). The workaround suggested "As a result, people trying to access those accounts or use devices were prompted to go through our flow to create another account. " - I don't think I'm "allowed" to go that route, because policies restrict me from having duplicate accounts and also I have some PAID apps on the correct account (which are now held hostage and are unusable till the glitch is resolved). The device itself suggests to reset-and-reconnect as a workaround (wiping all the data during the process), which I cannot use either - because of all my uploaded files (which are now held hostage on the device too) and a section of oculus-tv-favorites, which will likely be lost too during the reset...

HELP!!

18 REPLIES 18

VollePlaye
Honored Guest

Ok, I was lucky enough to have a backup of my vr-videos, so a reset-and-reconnect was a viable option. It helped me (so you can close the topic) and I did NOT lose the OculusTV "Saved" (favorites) list either (thanks devs!). Now to re-download all the apps and maybe I still have time to play after 1.5h wasted on this glitch (it began with some apps complaining here'n'there in-app, and only after seeing the error is app-wide and having a restart - the Facebook-Login-loop issue began...)

Can you please tell me how you did it because I’m having the same problem and I have backup videos too and I’ve spent SO much money on games ;( please help!

Hello there, @ZackRolled! We hope you're having a wonderful day! We understand how frustrating being locked out of VR can be, as well as how time-consuming it can be, but no worries, we will work to get you back in the game in no time.

Please try the steps below to help us get you back into VR gaming:

• Ensure cloud back-up is enabled (here).
  • Perform a factory reset using the headset by doing the following:
  • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Yes" and press the power button.

Please let us know if the steps listed above help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have videos on my oculus still of when i was logged in and when i try doing the volume down on power button thing it just shows "No command" please help me with the cloud one! I think i can do it

Oh yeah and im using quest 1

Hey @ZackRolled. Thanks for your response. To enable the Cloud Backup, follow these steps:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Please keep in mind that while Cloud Backup is available to all Oculus developers, it's up to developers to decide whether to enable this feature for their app and what data is backed up.

And to perform a factory reset, follow these steps:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know how it goes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Why do i see no command when trying to do a factory reset on my headset?

Good day @ZackRolled. We see your still getting the same message when trying to factory reset the device. Have no worries! We're sending a link to one of our Youtube videos to guide you through this.

Try using the phone app first and let us know if it works.

Kindly

Hi. Just wanted to know if all is well or if you still need assistance. Do let us know.