cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v33 Update now neither Link cable or Air Link work to connect to PC

ragan.murphy
Explorer

I've tried everything. I just get dots. Has been working fine for months.

Brand new Laptop with RTX 3070.

Was on with support bot for 2 hours last night. Nothing solved this issue.

Works fine stand alone.

Need help asap. 

5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Make sure your Desktop app in on v33ptc by opting into settings/beta public test channel.  Also make sure your Laptop bios, win10, and Nvidia gpu are all using the latest updates/drivers.  Also check that your Oculus Debug Tool (ODT) settings are all default and/or 0's and restart your Oculus desktop app afer making any ODT changes.  If you are using the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) go to the Link tab and disable these settings (save and restart everything).  Also, maybe try to setup your Q2 again with your Link cable (which one are you using?).

Sorry all I can think of right now.  Could also be an Air Link related issue with your router and/or wifi settings I guess.  Refer to the Oculus Support Link/Air Link requirements/recommendations;

https://support.oculus.com/airlink/

If you are not using a recommended setup, don't expect consistent results, esp. with a brand new laptop imho.  Make sure that your Laptop 3070 is being used and not your integrated igpu.

If you cannot sort this out yourself (try googling your problem to find other's fixes) then contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Good luck mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thanks but did not work. I want to go back in versions to finish ALYX!

Benight
Honored Guest

You could try rolling back Nvidia drivers.
When I installed the latest ones I kept getting stuck with the three dots.

had to restore PC to an earlier date and stop windows updates.

@ragan.murphy  If you learn to use DDU in safe mode to properly uninstall gpu drivers (google how to do this) you can select to have windows ignore those pesky gpu updates.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers