cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why go through setup all over again every time update graphics drivers?

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
do we actually need to,can we not just tell it everything is fine and to ignore the setup again.......?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo
8 REPLIES 8

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
what is going on,I've updated nothing and the bloomin setup is here again?

Where's the 'marker' that wants me to go through setup again?
Is it in a file,in the exe?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I know it's annoying - but I think Nike's right regarding redoing the setup:

Image result for just do it nike

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant
It doesn’t. I’ve updated many drivers and it hasn’t ever done that yet. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

It doesn’t. I’ve updated many drivers and it hasn’t ever done that yet. 

Same here - normally - but I just upgraded to 417.35 and was asked to redo my sensor setup when starting the Oculus app. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Capatonix
Honored Guest
since I upgraded to 417.35 I've had hdmi problems, as soon as I upgraded and I plug in my hdmi anf try to set it up the oculus app closes and says that oculus has detected a hardware issue that is preventing you from setting up your rift every 10-15 seconds. So I cant use the rift at all.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Capatonix said:

since I upgraded to 417.35 I've had hdmi problems, as soon as I upgraded and I plug in my hdmi anf try to set it up the oculus app closes and says that oculus has detected a hardware issue that is preventing you from setting up your rift every 10-15 seconds. So I cant use the rift at all.

Nvidia has just issued a hot-fix driver 417.58, I wonder if that one could help:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4758

- otherwise you could try downgrading to an earlier 4xx.xx driver. You could try the 411.51 - that was the review driver when 2080 (Ti) launched, I bet Nvidia had that driver extremely thoroughly checked also in VR in order to avoid bad press on the 2080 (Ti) launch day. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - Nvidia have left me not knowing what driver to install for the Oculus Rift. So what is the best Nvida driver for Oculus Rift, because I'll be dammed if I know? I'm fed up having to keep rolling back drivers because I find faults like jitter or slow loading screens etc. 

Sounds like Nvidia don't give a damn about Oculus Rift and if it works with their drivers or not..

Richooal
Consultant
I usually just stay with whatever driver I have, until i need to update. Just cos it's released doesn't mean you have to have it.

I was using 388.43 from Dec 2017 until Nov 2018 when I updated to 416.94

I've had no Rift problems (yet), but I'd like to thank all you testers for helping me to avoid the problems. 🙂

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.