cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your system doesnt meet the minimum specifications, you may experience performanc issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a gaming laptop which I recently purchased and it says it VR ready, the specs are:

MSI GT73VR 6RF (Titan Pro) 035UK
  • 17.3” 120Hz Display
  • GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X
  • i7 6820HK
  • 512Gb SSD + 1TB
  • 32Gb DDR IV
  • Win 10
  • the games are running perfectly any ideas how to get rid of the annoying message
  • 5 REPLIES 5

falken76
    Expert Consultant
    It involves running a script that changes registry entries.  Just ignore the message unless you want to change your registry.  I wouldn't but I use my machine for much more than just VR.

Anonymous
    Not applicable
    well im mainly using this laptop for my VR, so changing registry is not an issue unless of course it messes it up, would you care to elaborate on what is needed to be done, Im on win 10 home ed

JaimieVandenber
    Heroic Explorer
    So the issue is that Oculus Home has a whitelist of what hardware it thinks is VR ready, but it hasn't been updated with laptops that have 10xx series hardware in. So you can just click through the warning. The list will get updated sometime soonish, no doubt.

There's a registry tweak for CPUs here, but I've not seen one for GPUs yet:
    https://forums.oculus.com/vip/discussion/32464/disable-your-computer-doesnt-meet-rifts-recommended-s...

Anonymous
    Not applicable
    Thanks Jaimie, yes I think no doubt they will update the specs, I did the test and yes its definitely the card that is the issue, that being said, every game i have run so far has been on Ultra setting and works flawlessly.

hezza81
    Honored Guest
    Hi f1ado, how you been getting on with this set up? Im looking at getting a msi titan but was unsure if it capable