cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devs, you MUST support sim racing users too.

THEFROZENCITY
Explorer

Hey. devs

many of sim racing users chose oculus rift cv1 than htc vive, because you oculus rift cv1 could do motion cancellation

by mounting sensor on motion rig. and of course I am one of them. but after you guys updated auto height recentering

all of oculus rift cv1 users who bought for sim racing with motion rigs are totally screwed.

and I know that some users requested to handle this issue, but you guys just keep ignoring them.

ironically, now steam vr support motion cancellation by using external app. and most of oculus rift cv1 users must use

REVIVE for motion cancellation. this is very bad situation.  

many people who use motion rigs with vr believed that oculus rift cv1 is the best choice for moiton rig, and they

actually bought rift cv1 instead of htc vive. and now they (including me) are totally screwed now.

so, please DO NOT just ignore us and stop to be silent. I know we are not big part of rift users but, we are

the people who believed that rift is the best choice. I still love oculus rift cv1 and I really don't want to use

htc vive on sim racing. but if you guys keep silent, we have to use htc vive eventually. because using REVIVE

with oculus rift cv1 is just crazy and very annoying. and some games don't work normally.

Just take care of us too. at least if you guys don't have plan to support for overcoming this issues. just tell us that

you don't have to plan or you cannot. it is painful for us to wait more.

I and we need answer. positive or negative, any kind of answer will be way better than NO ANSWER.

so we can find our own way.

THANKS.

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

percentage of rift users that have a motion rig would be less than 1% so you are way down the list of priorities 😛

Though I would love to have your problem 🙂

Out of interest can you try 2 sensors and see what happens?

Thmoas
Rising Star
Doesnt Vive with two lighthouse mounted on the rig work? Or even just one?

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Rolz said:

percentage of rift users that have a motion rig would be less than 1% so you are way down the list of priorities 😛

Though I would love to have your problem 🙂

Out of interest can you try 2 sensors and see what happens?

But it sucks if you're in that 1%. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Rx4speed
Explorer
Well, of all the VR games I've played, Sim Racing seems to be the best marriage of gaming and VR i've seen.  I've been sim racing since 1997 and my Rift is the biggest game changer I've ever seen for sim racing.  Not motion rigs, not $1800 wheels(  I have one ).  Assetto Corsa in VR is amazing. So good that my triple monitors are about to be sold. Oculus, please continue to support Sim Racing.  AND, please enable SLI in Assetto.   From what i've read, SLI is perfect for VR, dedicating each card to a separate eye, with NO lag or latency issues normally found with SLI.  Oculus, partner with nVidia or AMD and showcase VR SLI in games! More cards, more VR rigs, more $$$$.

What we really need is a major A+ title to be released with VR support, regardless of the type of game.  We need more widespread support of VR, in general.  This will help all things VR. 

OP, there is an AC app, RealHeadMotion.  Not sure if that would help.  I wonder if the DEV for OculusTrayTool could solve this issue for you?  Good luck man and long live sim racing!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really need to stop reading these threads. Back in the day I was very heavily involved in Sim Racing with the Papyrus series. Got burned out on it over the years. Now that I have the Rift and keep seeing these reports, I am so tempted to invest in another wheel setup and giving it another go.

blanes
Rising Star
I have a 2DoF Seat mover motion system and the Sensor is static mounted in front of me.  I have no problem at all and the whole setup works brilliantly in VR.  You should try just putting your sensor where it does not move.  

kojack
MVP
MVP

Thmoas said:

Light house units can't be mounted on a motion rig. If a light house unit moves even slightly, it shuts down it's motors to protect them.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Grimdanfango
Expert Protege

kojack said:

Thmoas said:

Light house units can't be mounted on a motion rig. If a light house unit moves even slightly, it shuts down it's motors to protect them.

I assume the ideal setup would be to mount one (or two or three) of the new standalone lighthouse trackers on the motion rig, and have software subtract that motion from the HMD position/orientation...

In fact, that might be an effective solution for Oculus users too, if they don't mind forking out for a hybrid system.  I'd guess money isn't a big deal for anyone who can afford a motion rig 😛

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Great idea Grim.  Finally a solid use for those pucks!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke