Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login Problems?

Is anyone else here?

23 REPLIES 23

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Finally back! Couldn't get in at all yesterday and it was not fun. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Me & kojack were about to run amok. 

@RuneSR2 wrote:

I was out - got some strange error:

"This call accesses the User ID platform feature, which requires certifying through the Oculus Data Use Checkup program. Please visit this page for more detail: developer.oculus.com/distribute/publish-data-use/ "

Seems to be fixed now...

Ya, I had the same problem that started almost 2 days ago.  I spent about 30 minutes with a very nice Meta Support Chat person (Mianne) and we both came to the conclusion that this was a Meta Developer issue so I needed to start a support ticket there and Mianne gave me a direct link to their support site. 

I then contacted Developer support and started a ticket.  Unfortunately their support team is only a Monday-Friday operation.  I still have not heard back form them yet, except for the usual email response and a ticket number.  Anyway, like you say, it all seems sorted out now.

During this forum downtime I did manage to get a little more familiar with the Developer accounts and policies.  It was interesting to see all the hoops that developers must jump through.  Another thing this did was confirm to my mind that as a user, not developer, this developer account is not really necessary, for me anyway.  I only originally got it a few years ago so I could sideload Virtual Desktop and use it with my Q1.  This is no longer necessary since VD has been an approved Quest store app for +1 year now and we now have AppLabs.  Also, in the early days the Q2 guardian was a little hit and miss so it was sometimes handy to use the developer mode to temporarily turn it off.  This no longer seems necessary and I cannot remember the last time I needed to do this.

So, in short, I deleted my Developer account/organisation (including removing the payment details).  I'm not sure if this will make any difference to the recent cited problem, maybe not.  Anyway, one less account to worry about.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Wasn't a developer account also needed for file transfers between PC & Quest originally? it was a while ago so may be remembering wrong. Some things have at least gotten a bit simpler.

It's pretty nice to see how far it's come already. Kind of crazy too lol. 

Looks like the forum login problems are back.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Hmm, yep. I can't log in with my second browser.

vivaldi_JmWGQANrvo.png

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

It appears so! I managed to get back in so hopefully it might be somewhat alright now? 

kojack
MVP
MVP

Yep, seems to be working now.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I got that this AM but cleared up within the hour.

Was wierd though.