cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOLD RUSH FAILURE : Congratulations on choosing a FAKE Windows 10 exclusive

HiThere_
Superstar
I don't know which part is the best :
- The part where Oculus VR chooses a (fake) Windows 10 exclusive title for the Gold Rush event.
- The part where the Oculus Store won't let you download SPRINT VECTOR on Windows 7, by removing it's download button.
-
The part where SPRINT VECTOR happens to work fine on Windows 7, as
reported by the Steam users who ARE able to download and play it.

You
might think the Oculus Store has "two days" left to fix their latest
triple blunder ? Think again because we've been asking them to stop
blocking those downloads of so called fake "Windows 8/10 exclusives" for
TWO YEARS...

61 REPLIES 61

Digikid1
Consultant

OP is like0ys3io3gebpl.jpg

You forgot the LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!

lord_of_shred
Adventurer
snowdog said:
Windows 8 has to go down as the worst version of Windows that's ever been released but Windows 10 is a million miles better. I actually think it's better than 7 myself.
Have you ever been forced to work with Vista64 bit? And on that note WinMe comes to mind. I'd take any version of 8 over that...but yes, I really dug 7 and still use it on my notebook. And I hesitated a while before jumping onto 10 (since all my machines are used for productivity as well as leisure) but I haven't regretted the decision. The OS itself is superb...has it's problems (forced updates and all that telemetry stuff) but aside from that stable, fast and handles resources rather good. Nothing I could say to the both mentioned by me^^

Richooal
Consultant
I'm still running XP on one of my notebooks and am happy with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also........
Win 7 is still the OS recommended by Oculus for the Rift.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
No wonder I can´t make  rift run on my 486/3dfx setup then....

Im curious tho, why are you hanging on to win 7 ?
Be good, die great !

danknugz
Superstar
i absolutely loathe win10 and i only use it on my gaming system (and workstation at work), dreading the day ill actually have to use it on my laptop
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

LZoltowski
Champion

Richooal said:

I'm still running XP on one of my notebooks and am happy with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also........
Win 7 is still the OS recommended by Oculus for the Rift.

Thankfully 94% of Rift users are Win 10
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

snowdog said:
Windows 8 has to go down as the worst version of Windows that's ever been released but Windows 10 is a million miles better. I actually think it's better than 7 myself.
Have you ever been forced to work with Vista64 bit? And on that note WinMe comes to mind. I'd take any version of 8 over that...but yes, I really dug 7 and still use it on my notebook. And I hesitated a while before jumping onto 10 (since all my machines are used for productivity as well as leisure) but I haven't regretted the decision. The OS itself is superb...has it's problems (forced updates and all that telemetry stuff) but aside from that stable, fast and handles resources rather good. Nothing I could say to the both mentioned by me^^

You have a point I might just hate Win ME more then Vista!
WAAAGH!

Richooal
Consultant

danknugz said:

i absolutely loathe win10 and i only use it on my gaming system (and workstation at work), dreading the day ill actually have to use it on my laptop

So....... you've got gaming and work covered.

What could you be doing with your laptop?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
So you're busy complaining that you don't want to have windows 10, while sticking with an outdated and messy operating system called Windows 7.  Right...

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer

Percy1983 said:

Can't see your issue, the developers don't say it works on windows 7 so Oculus should let people download it on windows 7 and find it doesn't work? yes it may work but if its not supported or tested I can see why a developer won't take that chance.

So how is this the fault of Oculus?

On a secondary note, why not just get... you know... get windows 10...

Cyril obviously prefers to use an operating system full of security holes.

Cyril Windows 7 is old, outdated and full of security holes.

If you are a PC gamer Windows 7 doesn't have DirectX 12.  Windows 10 does have DirectX 12.  If you are a PC gamer you are foolish if you are not using Windows 10.