cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of us will now buy Vive?

Anonymous
Not applicable
O.k. let's take a head count.

If oculus do not deliver within the 2015 time frame, how many of us will now buy Vive?

I count as one by default. I will buy Vive if Oculus misses the mark.
119 REPLIES 119

Skelator
Honored Guest
Felonius Gru has my minion's now they are fickle little fellows.

I would probably opt for coiled cable hanging from the light fitting and hope I don't turn the fan on by mistake. 🙂
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

grodenglaive
Honored Guest
I would probably buy whichever came out first unless the releases were within a few weeks of each other; then I'd stick with oculus (assuming they had similar game compatibility at launch).

[edit] scratch that - I will get the one with the bigger FOV.
GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2

Diorama
Honored Guest
"smilertoo" wrote:
As both systems are getting decent reviews I am likely to buy whichever goes on sale first, assuming the vive is roughly the same projected price as Oculus (under £300).

Vive has been confirmed to be at a "higher price point" than the CV1.

conectorrrr
Honored Guest
whatever has better spects but I hope it will be oculus

Davilonmogollon
Explorer
I'll buy the first HMD available. I've sold my DK2 and if I have not another one soon, I go crazy.
Excuse my English, I'm Spanish.

proyb64
Honored Guest
"Diorama" wrote:
"smilertoo" wrote:
As both systems are getting decent reviews I am likely to buy whichever goes on sale first, assuming the vive is roughly the same projected price as Oculus (under £300).

Vive has been confirmed to be at a "higher price point" than the CV1.

Likely at 450USD without the Steam station.

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
When VIVE (Consumer) pre-orders go live, if Oculus still haven't told us the specs/input/tracking and rough release date for CV1 then yes, I'll be buying Vive (Pre-order if they do one). At this stage it'll be oculus having to fight for my attention not a third party, and as a previous proud oculus fanboy I never thought I'd say that... credit where it's due, Valve/HTC have knocked this one out of the park (so far) and if Oculus can't counter, soon, then they lose mind share with each passing month.
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

Skelator
Honored Guest
“Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer give a damn”
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

molivil
Honored Guest
I'd rather choose a VR headset by what software it supports when it's consumer version is released, and not by it's release date itself. Right now, it looks like Oculus is in the lead with a healthier software ecosystem (at least with the DK).

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
If the discussions about Oculus vs Vive continue for months, I'll give up and buy a google cardboard.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛