cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Attached

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
Hi guys. I received my Oculus Rift yesterday, but am having problems getting it recognised by anything in Windows.

It's odd as when my PC boots up, I get an orange light on the Rift, but when Windows kicks in the light disappears and nothing happens. It's not recognised in Windows, despite me trying every USB port available and the HDMI lead plugged in via a HDMI/DVI convertor.

Any ideas? The help page isn't particularly helpful as it says to check the Event Viewer, but I have no idea what I'm looking for.
7 REPLIES 7

Yoshidk
Honored Guest
Hi
I had the same problem, i solved it by going to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service
and start the service manually, i think it should be fixed with the newest SDK update though..

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
Hmm, no that didn't work for me. In task manager I can see OVRServer_X64 running, along with OculusConfigUtil. Nothing else Oculus related - should I be expecting more?

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
Hmm, really not having much luck here.

I've installed the runtime rev 1 SDK 0.4.2, but it's not like the Rift is plugged in at all. I get an orange light when u turn my PC in, but it disappears when it gets to Windows and then acts like it's totally dead.

I've tried plugging it in to the DVI on my PC, using two hdmi to DVI adapters, plugged it straight in as hdmi, tried every single glazed USB port I have and nothing. Not recognised as a display, not recognised by the configuration utility, it's just not there it seems.

I've fiddled around with USB options in the bios to no avail, uninstalled and reinstalled the runtime and I've made sure the service is running.

What the hell am I doing wrong?!

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
I do have a unrecognised USB device listed in device manager, what could that be and what drivers should I be feeding it?

Also, what seems to be unusual is that I get a powered on Orange light until windows starts up. Then everything seems to shut down.

ElectricMucus
Explorer
Lots of people are having this issue. I even think it's everybody with Windows 8.1.

The trick is to press the on/off button and hold it multiple times until the light becomes blue. Also the only useable mode is extended mode if you aren't using windows 7.

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
I'm in Windows 7, but cheers, I'll give that a go.

alexthecheese
Honored Guest
Still nothing here guys. Is there any more suggestions? U I've played with everything I can think of and it still remains totally dead to me, apart from the orange light when I turn my PC on before windows kicks in.

Any ideas? I'm gonna be returning it at this rate.