cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have played it on the PSVR and loved it. However, on the Rift it’s absolutely fantastic. It’s just amazing desendimg into a cavernous dungeon or climbing through the mountains with a bow. 

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
Game is awesome.  It's exactly what you would expect out of a VR version of Skyrim, except the controls make sense unlike Fallout 4.

The shield is fine.  If you hold the face of the shield out in front of you, it blocks.  If you turn it so that it's pointing to your left (or whichever side you're holding the shield), it's not actively blocking, and you can move around at full speed.

Anybody figure out how to wait or rest yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just annoyed that Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR weren't as good as this. All three of these games would have been amazing for VR but Bethesda dropped the ball on two out of three of them.

I think going to play this game sitting down though, my back is completely fucked and has been for 25 years or So, so I can only play standing for an hour at the most at a time.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

Zanbane I have to ask something. I have over 50 hours invested in Playstation pro vr. I was thinking after I finished, i would play again with the oculus touch because of shield and sword motion control mechanics would make it like a different game. So from what u said the shield mechanics are not great. Sounds like it's not worth another play through with the rift. Do u agree?

I'm willing to bet that some of the issues will be fixed (e.g. the current problem with Shield Blocking). However, I do enjoy being a Bow User which seems to be doing well in Skyrim VR - along with Spellcasting.

If you have already spent over 50 hours in the Playstation VR version then I'd be hard-pressed to suggest spending another $60 to do it all over again. You own both a PSVR and a Rift, so you know better than most that the difference in level of "immersion" may not be so great that you'd want to spend more money and time on a near identical experience.

Does the PSVR version have all the official DLC?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Anybody figure out how to wait or rest yet?

I believe I read that you press and hold either B or Y, and the menu pops up when you release it. Probably defaults to Y and uses B if you're in left-handed mode, but I don't have the game to confirm.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, both versions have the official DLC. But he'll be better off with the PC version because of the better tracking I think. Plus 50 hours is only a small piece of the pie that Skyrim has with regards to content. Plus he'll have the advantage of better eye candy too.

The biggest advantage that any Elder Scrolls or Fallout games have is the ridiculous amount of content that the vanilla games have plus the official DLC, before you even start to think about the extra content from the community.

I can see myself spending several hundred hours in Skyrim VR just on my first play through and then a few hundred more doing the same thing with different classes. 😮

Yes, I have no life. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a list of the confirmed working mods so far and a tutorial:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/896p94/lets_make_a_thread_with_all_confirmed_working/

My current list:

This file is used by the game to keep track of your downloaded content.

Please do not modify this file.

*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

*ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

*Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

*ApachiiHairFemales.esm

*ApachiiHairMales.esm

*ApachiiHair.esm

*Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

*No NPC Greetings.esp

*PeopleAreStrangers.esp

*RealisticWaterTwo.esp

*SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

*Diversity - An NPC Overhaul.esp

*dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

*dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp

*Point The Way.esp

*Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

LZoltowski
Champion
More confirmed as working:

• Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
  • Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  • ApachiiHair.esm
  • Cutting Room Floor.esp
  • SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
  • MagicalCollegeofWinterhold.esp
  • RLO - Interiors.esp
  • Book Covers Skyrim.esp
  • Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
  • Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp
  • Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp
  • RLO - Exteriors.esp
  • Winterhold Restored.esp
  • Undeath.esp
  • Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
  • Elemental Destruction.esp
  • Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
  • Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
  • skyBirds_SSE.esp
  • Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  • Point The Way.esp
  • SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
  • notice board.esp
  • Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
  • Apophysis_DPM_SE.esp
  • HarvestOverhaul_Redone_Creatures.esp
  • Ars Metallica.esp
  • BetterShapedWeaponsLW-XB.esp
  • WICO - Immersive People.esp
  • Bijin NPCs.esp
  • ScopedBows.esp
  • Bijin Warmaidens.esp
  • Bijin Wives.esp
  • Book of UUNP - Textures.esp
  • Book of UUNP with Summermyst.esp
  • DarkerNights.esp
  • DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
  • DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
  • Elemental Destruction - Ordinator Patch.esp
  • FireBurns.esp
  • Footprints.esp
  • HarvestOverhaul_Redone.esp
  • Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
  • Ish's Souls to Perks.esp
  • Killable Children.esp
  • RLO - CRF Patch.esp
  • RLO - Effects.esp
  • RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
  • Realistic-Voice.esp
  • RichMerchantsSkyrim_x5.esp
  • SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrimSE.esp
  • Serana.esp
  • UNP Vanilla Outfits.esp
  • Unique Uniques.esp
  • Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover.esp
  • WICO - Immersive Character.esp
  • WICO - Immersive Dawnguard.esp
  • WICO - Wild Hunt Gears.esp
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
  • dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
  • dD-Medium Script Range.esp
  • dD-No Screen Blood.esp
  • dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
  • icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
  • Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/897k6e/my_sofar_working_modlist/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

inovator
Consultant
Like it was mentioned above the Playstation version has the Dlc. I think I'll play it out on the Playstation vr then if I still want a do over on the rift like u said zenbane the shield issue will be taken care of. I also would get a better price down the road. Playstation vr tracking is shit and no way it's motion controls make this game playable especially without the analog sticks so I use the Playstation controller. My Playstation pro in my opinion gives me very acceptable visuals. Based on above opinions it sounds like a 2nd rift playthrough would be a blast and is in the cards for me.

bizjer
Expert Protege
Fireballs in left hand, Sparks in right. Lots of dead spiders. Semi boner