cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Notes for Rift - Oculus App 1.6

cybereality
Grand Champion

Here's what's changed in the Rift ecosystem recently.

Release 1.6

We've improved the Oculus Store and your Oculus Library in the following ways:

• Coming Soon: Check out future apps and games, and get notified when titles you like are ready.
  • Improved Downloads: You can now choose how much bandwidth to use for Oculus downloads. Also, downloads now resume seamlessly if interrupted.
  • Automatic Updates: Games and apps installed on your computer from the Oculus Store can now be automatically updated whenever a new version is released.
  • User Ratings: Rate games and apps, and also see how highly other users have rated an app. User ratings are only available in VR, from Oculus Home.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

korgen63
Protege
@LZoltowski About HDMI issues, maybe (perhaps because of hdcp or anything else)
But about USB3 and Inateck problems since v1.5, I don't think so.

Domitjen
Adventurer
How do I actually give a rating? In home I see the ratings a game has, but I have no idea how to put them myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dominique said:

How do I actually give a rating? In home I see the ratings a game has, but I have no idea how to put them myself.

I believe you you just highlight the rating you wish to give.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ratings are nice. Also the resume feature. Update went smoothly for me.

Domitjen
Adventurer

kuabi said:

Dominique said:

I believe you you just highlight the rating you wish to give.

Oh, it's only that? Why not user reviews? That's the best way to reflect how a game is. People will only give  1 star or 5 stars, bet on it.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
The good thing about the ratings is that you have to own the game to rate. But yeh with no accountability required people can vote 1 star for silly reasons which isn't accurate. They can also do the reverse and vote 5 stars for silly reasons. Also I assume devs can vote 5 stars on their own games. So effectively you could get your entire team voting. That's why user reviews is better than just a 5 star system so you at least get more details.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee

I'm just happy that my Rift updated yet again with no issues. 
I recognize that I'm pretty computer savvy with respect to some users out there.
I recognize that my computer exceeds the min-spec in pretty much every regard.
But still, every update so far has been seamless so I always worry a little bit about how I would troubleshoot problems. 

I agree that each update should have a set of release notes.  While it's nice to have Cyber posting them here, it should be an official page of update notes in Oculus Home.  Preferably available prior to executing the update.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Greyman
Superstar
are there any plans for a per application location setting?  in other words, if i were to get a new disk to allow me to install more apps, something that would preclude the need for me to uninstall everything and then reinstall onto a necessarily much larger disk?  Steam appears to be able to do it, so it would be nice to know that OH is at least moving in a similar direction.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Dominique said:

People will only give  1 star or 5 stars, bet on it.

You lose that bet, I'm afraid!
I give 3 stars to games that are OK but that I would only play to fill in a bit of time. like Blaze Rush.
4 Stars to a game that I think is good, but limited enjoyment due to current VR restraints.
2 stars if you can see they made the effort, but I don't like the game.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

stevesideas
Explorer
Any performance increases or other differences that are actual and not placebo effect ?