cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Time Australia Discussion

Hamdude
Honored Guest
Hey everyone,

Didn't see any shipping thread for Australia so I decided to make one!

So please share when you ordered yours and the current status of your order, I ordered mine on the 20th July and for obvious reasons it's still on the "Order status".
678 REPLIES 678

sambo7677
Explorer
Congrats David. Mine got to cincinatti hub at the same time but is now on hold. Only good part is Amazon refunded my shipping so it has only cost me $523 aud now. Mine is now due wed 16th.

Flebsy
Explorer
For anyone who is thinking of going to Amazon, be aware, you can pretty much throw your warranty out the window. I'm staying with my Oculus store order.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/67svhk/careful_with_oculus_warranty_in_australia/

sambo7677
Explorer
There is someone one here who has already been through this and had no issues.Amazon refunded his purchase as they were out of stock, paid his shipping and waived his shipping when he reordered when they were in stock again.

Enjoy your wait and if anyone else doesn't wish to wait, Amazon is a safe alternate to use to purchase one.

To be honest, with the way Oculus have handled this sale and with the little information they are feeding customers I would almost be willing to bet warranty would be an easier process through Amazon should the need arise.

HippyDruid
Protege
It doesn't work like that in Australia Fletch. 
There are only really two ways warranty would not apply to Australians.

1) If you organise a private sale with someone which isn't a business. (In Australia or overseas)
2) If you bid on an online auction private sale. Clicking buy it now (like on ebay) from a company still provides warranty.

If you've purchased through Amazon, they are obliged to complete the warranty for you. 
You may have to pay return postage to them if it's still under warranty, but that is it.

But don't take my word for it. Contact the NSW Office of Commerce, specifically Fair Trading. They will provide you with accurate information and probably even the location of the section of the Act. Or the relevant authority in your state.

Australia might get shafted on many things. but our consumer laws are probably the best in the world.

TL;DR. Oculus can tell you to go away because the purchase wasn't made though them. Amazon can't.

DrMon
Protege

It doesn't work like that in Australia Fletch. 
There are only really two ways warranty would not apply to Australians.

1) If you organise a private sale with someone which isn't a business. (In Australia or overseas)
2) If you bid on an online auction private sale. Clicking buy it now (like on ebay) from a company still provides warranty.

If you've purchased through Amazon, they are obliged to complete the warranty for you. 
You may have to pay return postage to them if it's still under warranty, but that is it.

But don't take my word for it. Contact the NSW Office of Commerce, specifically Fair Trading. They will provide you with accurate information and probably even the location of the section of the Act. Or the relevant authority in your state.

Australia might get shafted on many things. but our consumer laws are probably the best in the world.

TL;DR. Oculus can tell you to go away because the purchase wasn't made though them. Amazon can't.

Amazon doesn't currently operate in Australia I believe. Especially if you're not using the .com.au website, there's no reason they would be bound by Australian law as far as I can tell. It's the same reason they don't collect GST (Even though the gov is pushing for all foreign imports to have GST applied now).

Wabbithuntn
Expert Protege
There is never a warranty problem when living in Australia.

ACCC consumer rights even support the replacement of faulty product after the warranty end as long as it is within a time period you should expect a product to still be working.

Say a monitor comes with a 1-year warranty and it fails at 18 mths since it is reasonable that a monitor would last more than 18 mths. The store or website are obligated to fix or replace it.

It is like when a store or website says that they only support a 1-year warranty period and the product has a longer warranty. They are obligated to take care of the warranty return for the period of the warranty even though they state 1-year.

Stand up for your rights or you have no rights!

Seansation
Expert Protege
LOCATIONDATELOCAL TIMEACTIVITY
09/08/201714:18Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

UPS has been quite quick on this occasion - at least so far - it only left the Netherlands yesterday.
Acer XB271HU | i7 6700K | ASUS Strix 1080 Ti 11GB | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Mobo | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX  | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 1000W | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500GB | Windows 10 64 bit | NZXT Noctis 450 

savvynz
Explorer

LOCATIONDATELOCAL TIMEACTIVITY

09/08/201714:18Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

UPS has been quite quick on this occasion - at least so far - it only left the Netherlands yesterday.

Wait for it... what's the bet it goes through a few countries yet. Mines in Singapore now lol. Mine has already been to more countries than I have.

davidb01
Adventurer

Fletch said:

For anyone who is thinking of going to Amazon, be aware, you can pretty much throw your warranty out the window. I'm staying with my Oculus store order.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/67svhk/careful_with_oculus_warranty_in_australia/

Sorry-  can people stop spreading this. it's totally 100% false! You just need to go through Amazon for warranty claims. My first headset, purchased in Nov last year, the right lens stopped working. After conversing with Oculus - they said go to Amazon. Went to Amazon.... they refunded me the shipping price, refunded me my rift (because it was currently out of stock) and then offered me free 2-5 day postage if I re-ordered with them. And the refund amount was more than the current cost of the Summer Sale. So I'm getting a new rift and will have a spare set of Touch controllers for less than what they refunded me.

So - to tell people to kiss their warranty goodbye is completely misleading and false!

Mist17
Explorer
Amazon is also opening a warehouse in Victoria very soon as well.
Some people have a gift for stupidity, an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic.