cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracked OBJECT not objects?

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
This sure seems silly. Why make tracked object instead of objects? They could really only come up with one use case, so now not only can we only have 1 left and 1 right controller, but the tracked object is also limited to one? I was telling Vive owners that their trackers were much to expensive, but if the Rift only supports 1 tracked object, that can hardly be used to track your legs for example or track different objects around the room. That its much cheaper than a Vive Tracker does not really help much when it is this limited.

So is this the Oculus devs being pretty bad at seeing use cases for more controllers, or will it actually be too much to handle when it comes to the current Rift tracking system?
3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP
The sdk actually has enums for 4 tracked vr objects. But last time I tried (a few versions ago) the runtime only lets one touch controller be converted to a tracked object.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
I hope this means that it mainly just requires an update then.

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
Still no way to use two or more controllers as tracked objects?