cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Quest 2 did you preorder or Not ordering (PCVR)?

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Did you pre-order Quest 2 yet? Which version did you pre-order?

The adjustable IPD confirmation in the FB Connect was sufficient for me to pre-order the 256GB version of Quest 2.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be sticking with my Reverb G2 Pre-Order.

saami81
Rising Star
They just said in FB connect that Quest 2 will be better for PCVR than Rift S. In every single way. So i preordered 64gb because my left controller in RIft S is tracked half and i need to replace it anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ordered quest 2 64 GB version

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I really struggled with deciding on 64 vs 256. I have the 128 and it is just barely past 64 and I have purchased a good number of games, many that I don't regularly play. But with the more powerful processor, and a much larger user base, I think there will be AAA games that are much bigger, so I went with 256. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
You should have had an option for '+also PCVR' - I am a PCVR/High end VR enthusiast first and foremost but the quest 2 is a very cool product.

64gb Quest 2 AND Reverb G2 have both been pre-ordered here!

The quest absolutely will NOT replace the quality and perf of the Reverb G2 no matter the rumours and wishful thinking (this has already been said on various YT channels the past hour or so i.e Norm at tested said it would NOT replace his Index/G2.). But Quest 2, for what it is and the price, is almost an impulse buy for anyone into VR. That it connects to PC is just a bonus.

If ultimate PC VR perf/quality is your goal then get a G2, if not then get a quest 2... or if you're me - get both. I passed up on a ton of VR HMDs since Rift CV1 that weren't good enough, then finally 2 arrive at once. 😉

EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
I am now sceptical after watching Norm's review about the IPD adjustment. No software IPD adjustment available other than 3 hardware IPD settings?
I will try it obviously, but I wonder if I will keep something I can not use with 71mm ipd.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

mmm I'm going to be awkward and say i think i have enough details, i just need more time to decide.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where's the 'It depends if I get my Plevin full refund or not' before Christmas option? ?

If I manage to get it then I'll get one along with my Yaw VR motion simulator. Then get a 3080 early to mid next year.

That's assuming that there's enough cash left over after I give the company that are sorting all of it out for me their cut of course! I think it's 24% including tax if they settle out of court.

If not I'm sticking with my Rift S and be getting my Yaw VR motion simulator early to mid next year ?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

mmm I'm going to be awkward and say i think i have enough details, i just need more time to decide.

Same. Between my GO, Quest 1, and Rift, I am one happy VR customer. I can play everything available on all VR platforms, so I'm in no rush to upgrade right this very minute. And there isn't any new killer apps, even outside of Oculus, that are currently being offered that demands an upgrade. So... I'm still in "wait and see" mode.

I will likely end up getting the Quest 2 anyway. If not for me, then for some relatives; with Christmas right around the corner.

I am waiting for more reviews about the weight and comfort first though. That is the only drawback of Quest; the excess weight.