cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVR Metrics tool showing GPU stats as 0

graeme.a.judkins
Explorer

I have been using the Metrics tool as my #1 tool for in-app profiling and testing, but now the one feature I needed no longer works. I need to the frag/vert/frag%/vert% to guide me when I'm optimizing and all of those all show 0 now. Is this maybe an OS regression issue? I wasn't having this issue a few days ago. I have tried downloading all the older versions to see if it's the OVR metrics tool, all of them behaved the same. I have tried multiple headsets and they behave the same. 

3 REPLIES 3

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

It does sound like an OS regression. Which exact stat names are you trying to use?

I found a list here: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/native/android/ts-ovrmetricstool/

Sounds like you are using "percent_time_shading_frags" and "percent_time_shading_verts".

Are the other two "avg_inst_per_frag" and "avg_inst_per_vert"?

As a workaround, you can get similar stats inside ODH's performance analyzer. Turn on the GPU modules include GPU Compute Counters. 

graeme.a.judkins
Explorer

graemeajudkins_0-1665005322970.png

Yes I believe those are the metrics I was using. I tried using the metric tool within the ODH and it reports the same missing metrics all as 0. You can see the graph will spike to like 5,000% for a second and then back to 0.

graeme.a.judkins
Explorer

This has been fixed, I left it for a few weeks. My guess is an update to OS fixed this issue.