cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APK runs on consumer Quest 2 but not OFB headset

cpaganucci
Explorer

I have been successfully building and installing my project on business headsets for months using Unity 2021.1. I switched to 2021.2 recently and now the APK won't run (crashes immediately) on an OFB headset even though it runs on a commercial headset. I tried a very basic scene to make sure it wasn't a memory issue. After a lot of searching and experimenting I downgraded to 2021.1 again, but the problem persists. I did a file comparison between the project settings of a known working project and didn't see anything that could cause the issue.

Has anyone experienced something similar, or know a project/build setting that might be the culprit?

This is the logcat error I'm getting:

2021-09-23T20:57:50.073Z: info2563/1043 WindowManagerWIN DEATH: Window{a23a355 u0 com.mycompany.myproject/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}
2021-09-23T20:57:50.072Z: error1134/1043 InputDispatcherchannel 'a23a355 com.mycompany.myproject/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I answered this a couple days ago, but for some reason my post never showed up. I was finally able to make a build by doing the following:

When you install the latest version of the Oculus Integration asset there is a popup that says "Oculus Utilities has detected that a newer OVRPlugin is available". Select "No".  

Do not use the OpenXR backend either. This will disable running your project from Unity using the Link cable.

On top of those things there is a major camera offset problem that I can't figure out yet.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tomyyy
Honored Guest

I have same problem now. I use Unity2019.4.29f1, Oculus XR Plugin 1.10.0 and XR Plugin Management 4.1.0.

I answered this a couple days ago, but for some reason my post never showed up. I was finally able to make a build by doing the following:

When you install the latest version of the Oculus Integration asset there is a popup that says "Oculus Utilities has detected that a newer OVRPlugin is available". Select "No".  

Do not use the OpenXR backend either. This will disable running your project from Unity using the Link cable.

On top of those things there is a major camera offset problem that I can't figure out yet.

Good luck!

Thanks! I solved the problem.