cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Oculus Quest video recording feature from the code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
Right now to record the video of my game on Quest I should go to the Oculus menu, start recording from there and then return back to finish it.
What I want: press some button in-game and record the video without jumping between the game and the Oculus menu.
I don't see any API to implement such a thing. Does it possible to give access to developers to video recording feature?
It also can be cool to control where users can share the video: not only on Facebook for example but also on Instagram.

2 REPLIES 2

notOkVit
Honored Guest

Just randomly stumbled upon this post when searching the solution to different problem 🙂 It's only an idea, not tested or anything, but I see no replies, so maybe better then nothing...

I see a debug.oculus.enableVideoCapture property here https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/tools/tools-systemproperties/ that can be set through adb. Now I have no idea if there's and API to access these system properties, so maybe it's a total nonsense 🙂 But if there is, it could help 😉

TheC0llectoR
Protege

Only thing I've gotten to work reliably was the _double press of the oculus menu button and then saying "start recording".

It even works in beat saber mid swing as long as you are coordinated enough.