cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera working fine in Unity Editor, but breaking down after a few seconds in the standalone exe

sinabey
Honored Guest
Hello,

I'm facing a problem that I can not really debug, and I feel like I'm missing some crucial step in building for Windows. So any insight would be much appreciated. I also asked the identical question over at Rift board, so I apologize for duplicates. But I just realized Unity Development is the correct place, not Rift.

Basically, when I run any game that I'm building in the Unity editor it works just fine. But when I export the game as an exe and run it from there, within seconds, the frames start cascading down, getting squished vertically and leaving jittery trails at the top.

- The version of Unity is 2019.2.9f1, with Oculus Integration Asset from the asset store, v1.43
- The headset is Oculus Rift S and
- The monitor is running at 2560 x 1440 resolution.

I captured a video of what it looks like, but apparently I can't attach links yet. So I made a low quality gif which essentially shows what's going on:

a3cc3earknlh.gif

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? As I said it seems like I'm missing a step, but I follow the instructions by Oculus Documentation and there doesn't seem to be anything out of order.

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0