cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Oculus Go calibration screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I am developing a business application in Unity that plays pre-loaded videos. When the user takes off the headset  it resets itself so when the user puts  the headset back on, playback is restarted.

The issue is when you take off the oculus go a countdown begins where after 20 seconds it goes to the re-calibrate screen. This gets in the way significantly since we want the experience to seamlessly begin after the headset is worn without faffing about with the controller. From what i can tell this overrides the android api so i cannot use wake lock.

Is there any way to disable the activation of the calibration screen?
3 REPLIES 3

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@RedWolfy70

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

We have passed this feature request along to our internal team to review. As such, there is currently no exposed method to perform the function you are requesting. We will update you here should that change in the future.

headraft
Honored Guest
Hi @NinjaGaijin ,

I just wanted to +1 this as it's a really important feature for business applications and I'd also love to see it implemented.

Right now we're actually taping the sensor in some cases as the calibration screen is too much of a disturbance/obstacle. This isn't always applicable and comes with a number of other rather big issues as you can imagine though...

Best,
Fabian

Meguia
Honored Guest
Hi @NinjaGaijin

Is there any news about the requested feature?
I'm finding myself in the same situation and this feature could be a life-saver!!

Regards,