cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Building to Oculus Quest

bebop_dev
Protege
I keep getting this error, not sure what's causing it:

OVRADBTool adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (41); killing...
* daemon started successfully

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
OVRADBTool:RunCommand(String[], WaitingProcessToExitCallback, String&, String&) (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRADBTool.cs:200)
OVRADBTool:GetDevices() (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRADBTool.cs:114)
OVRGradleGeneration:OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRGradleGeneration.cs:304)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Error building Player: OVRADBTool adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (41); killing...

7 REPLIES 7

mPAQ
Honored Guest
Unity has its own copy of ADB that is out of sync with the version your OS is aware of. I fixed this by copying abd.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, and AdbWinUsbApi.dll from Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools to [unity install]\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools

phyzxengr
Protege
AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools to [unity install]\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools

Does not exist in 2018.3.8f1

phyzxengr
Protege
Deleted HTC Sync manager solved the problem.

sambono5
Honored Guest

phyzxengr said:

Deleted HTC Sync manager solved the problem.

I appreciate this is many months after you posted this but thank you! This was the culprit for me too!  

Wollan
Honored Guest

bebop_dev said:

I keep getting this error, not sure what's causing it:

OVRADBTool adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (41); killing...

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
OVRADBTool:RunCommand(String[], WaitingProcessToExitCallback, String&, String&) (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRADBTool.cs:200)
OVRADBTool:GetDevices() (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRADBTool.cs:114)
OVRGradleGeneration:OnPostprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Editor/OVRGradleGeneration.cs:304)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Error building Player: OVRADBTool adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (41); killing...

This did work for me so thanks.

But this (or a completely different aspect) did lead to a problem for me where the whole Quest UI would just completely crash by just looking at the app [unknown sources] list within the OS.
Eventually I had to resort to this fix for remote deleting the app on my Quest 2: https://devdiner.com/virtual-reality/how-to-delete-apps-in-unknown-sources-on-the-oculus-quest

My original issue before your fix stated "OVRADBTool adb server version (40) doesn't match this client (39);"

thanks worked for me !

hStheD
Honored Guest

This worked for me in Unity 2020.3.25f1 with Oculus Quest