cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand tracking does not work

pixelplacement
Protege

I've tried numerous Unity versions and hand tracking seem to not work.  The sample scene with the trains appears to not recognize hands at all.  I have hands in the main menu tracking find and if I flip my hand over I can get the oculus menu gesture to work but nothing from Unity (Link cable or on device) seems to work.  It appears that the manifest is also reporting the proper entry for hand tracking.  I'm stumped.  

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as you described here 😕 

Oculus Menue Functions are working but no collision, no mesh for the hands.

pixelplacement
Protege

I found a workaround.  Apparently hand tracking is broken in v.31 with OpenXR.  Switch back to VRAPI from Oculus > Tools menu and you should be good to go again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Hope they'll fix the problem with OpenXR but at least now I can continue working 🙂

Stormbreaker919
Honored Guest

Thanks for the workaround! Finally after hours it works! 🙂

OpenXR is still not working... they should definitely fix this... or at least mention it in the guide for hand tracking support...

Not working for me 😞

Using OVRPlugin v1.67.0

Gustorvo
Protege

Same here, no hands in the editor!

Using latest integration package (v.35) with OVRPlugin v1.67.0. and OpenXR enabled

I got my hands working with the newest update of Oculus integration and VRAPI in Unity 2020.3.19f1, however, getting the hands to grab object has been a mission impossible. If anyone has any leads on how to get it to work, I would really appreciate it. Im using OVRPlayerController with OVRHandPrefab and OVRGrabber.