cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable high-frequency hand tracking?

matt.x.newell
Explorer

According to the hand tracking documentation, there should be a dropdown under the Quest Features section of the OVRCameraRig but the only options I have are "Focus Aware", "Hand Tracking Support", and "Requires System Keyboard".

I am using Unity 2019.4.16f1, Oculus XR Integration 1.9.1, and have set my device as the Quest 2. I upgraded the plugin to the available preview version but still don't see such a setting on the prefab. Is the documentation just well ahead of the feature (first time I'd have seen that!) or do I have to change something to enable the feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

julienkay
Adventurer

If you have an OVRCameraRig I suppose that means you also use the Oculus Unity Integration, right?

If that's the case you'll also need to update that to at least v28 to get the option to set high frequency hand tracking: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022#content

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

julienkay
Adventurer

If you have an OVRCameraRig I suppose that means you also use the Oculus Unity Integration, right?

If that's the case you'll also need to update that to at least v28 to get the option to set high frequency hand tracking: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022#content

matt.x.newell
Explorer

Ohhh I was in a long debugging session and completely forgot there was an Asset Store component I'd downloaded instead of everything being in Package Manager. Thanks!

Yoirgl
Expert Protege

Yoirgl_0-1622655276662.png

I have the latest version and the options is missing.

Right--you need to be using hand tracking to be able to see the hand tracking options. You have yours set to "Controllers Only" so you won't see the option until you switch.

thanks for the reply but of course I checked with it activated ^^

Yoirgl_0-1622656540320.png

matt.x.newell
Explorer

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you unpacked the OVRCameraRig or something and therefore it isn't getting updated with the new prefab. Make sure you're looking at the actual prefab instead of your own rig. Other than that, I'm not really sure what the cause could be but try importing the Oculus Integration package again?

I tried on a brand new project. installed clean plugin and package and still have no option for it. I even checked the OVRProjectConfigEditor in search of a hidden drop down and it's not even in the editor file. I'm getting a bit puzzled.
I'm on v29. Did they remove the option between 28 and 29 ?

The only thing that I could imagine is, that there's a known issue where the Unity Package Manager shows you, that you're on the newest version of an Asset Store Package even if you're not.

Going to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Oculus\ScriptingIntegration

and deleting the Asset, then re-downloading it via the Package Manager should fix it. I can't really be sure of course if that is the actual issue you're facing.

Thanks man, good thinking.

This solved my problem. There was indeed a Unity glitch that apparently considered a previous package to be considered "version 29"
I need to learn to trust Unity less 😛

Thank you.