cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Hand Joint Location from Hand tracking

Gustorvo
Protege

Please point me into the right direction. Looking into the OVRPlugin code I can not find a way to get Hand Joint Location, seems like Oculus doesn't provide us with that data...is it correct? I can see that there is a root pose in  OVRPlugin.HandState struct, but that's it. 

What I'm trying to do: well, I want to transfer (and convert) Oculus hand tracking data into Leap motion data format. It will give me a better way to work with hand tracking data as well as to re-use an old Leap codebase. This will also give me access to Leap Motion interaction engine on Oculus Quest.

2 REPLIES 2

laurisD
Protege

Look at https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-handtracking/?locale=fr_FR

they explain everything you need for get the correct information of every bone in your hands. All bones are accessible in your OVRSkeleton.

please leave a kudo if that help you 😉

Yes, this is an alternative way of accessing position data, but:

it means I'll need to use OVRSkeleton script for this, which I dont want, since  it comes with a lot of garbage I don't usually use. It also means I need to have other scripts in my project which OVRSkeleton depends on. I'd like to access the joint position data from the OVRPlugin directly, like I do for rotation data.