cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live preview/Debug not working with Unity to Oculus Quest 2

Perfit_JobinJoseph
Honored Guest

Hi,

I am a beginner in oculus and unity development.

I am trying to live preview the project and want to see the visuals I see in oculus in the game window of unity also.

But I am not able to, every time I have to build to the oculus and test or debug(which is very hard for minor calibrations stuffs). 

When I see the basic tutorials on how to set up, they just add the SDK and put the cameraRig prefab to the project and that's it. Then when they click the play button in unity, they are able to view the visuals in the game window of unity and oculus also. 
When I try to press the play button, in oculus nothing happens, and in unity, the view stays where the camera rig is placed(no movement, no nothing).

Please can anyone help me with this? Is there anything that I need to enable in order to use this feature?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perfit_JobinJoseph
Honored Guest

Hi,

I GOT IT!!!!!!

for those who want to know how it worked...

I was able to get it working by adding Oculus SDK in the standalone setting in XR Plugin Management inside project settings. And then changing the game view resolution to 1080p or 720p from the free aspect.

TheRougeWolf_2-1614839324965.png

idk why changing the resolution of the game view affects the live preview but yeah changing from the free aspect worked for me. if put back to free aspect it won't work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Perfit_JobinJoseph
Honored Guest

Hi,

I GOT IT!!!!!!

for those who want to know how it worked...

I was able to get it working by adding Oculus SDK in the standalone setting in XR Plugin Management inside project settings. And then changing the game view resolution to 1080p or 720p from the free aspect.

TheRougeWolf_2-1614839324965.png

idk why changing the resolution of the game view affects the live preview but yeah changing from the free aspect worked for me. if put back to free aspect it won't work.

Love you dude ♥🫶🫰❤️