cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make DK1 build function on DK2 headset

vonbetelgeuse
Honored Guest
Total newbie issue here.

I developed a build that functions perfectly for DK1 and I'd like it to function for DK2.

Now my assumption is that as the controller in Unity is the same, all you do is change the screen resolution from 1280x800 to 1920x1080 but since I don't own a DK2 headset I cannot test this theory 😛

Am I thinking right?
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you use the latest Oculus integration, then the app will work on both DK1 and DK2.

vonbetelgeuse
Honored Guest
I used the latest that wasn't beta although I've had feedback that it doesn't work for DK2 and some asking for positional tracking, not sure how I can achieve this with DK1 as it doesn't have positional tracking therefore testing this is impossible for me.

There's a lot of expectation that a DK1 build is meant to work for DK2 yet I have no means of testing this which is a little frustrating, particularly so that everyone that has recently purchased a DK2 wants to work a DK1 build on their headset.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I believe the positional tracking is automatic when using the OVRPlayerController/OVRCameraRig prefabs. On DK1 it will "fake" the position using a neck-head model, and on DK2 it should use the camera. If you have done something really custom, maybe it is conflicting with this code.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"vonbetelgeuse" wrote:
I used the latest that wasn't beta

There is your problem. Use 4.4beta and it should work.