cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO 72hz only working after pausing game SOLVED!

julschau
Level 2
Hey everyone, I am running into a problem using the 72hz mode.

I am using OVRManager.display.displayFrequency = 72.0f; in the Start method of a Script and until now (I think) it always worked.

But now looking at a frame counter in game I realized the game was capped at 60fps until I minimize the app using the controller menu button and then return to the app.

Has anyone run into the same problem? This happens even if I delay the above mentioned code line for some seconds.

I am using Unity 2018.3.9 and the Oculus Integration 1.35 from the Asset Store.

Any help is appreciated,
Julian

4 REPLIES 4

Fguillotine
Level 4
I'm having the same issue on Unity after last Oculus Go update (3.60 version). I opened a ticket to dev support, waiting for answer yet.

PAalto
Level 5
Yep, same problem here, noticed it just yesterday.
Working on LineWars VR: http://linewars.patrickaalto.com/LWVR.html

julschau
Level 2
Hey, for me the problem seems to have gone away. There must have been a system Update for the Go because my Menu UI looks different today i think 🙂 at least the Unknown Sources Window has larger spacing between APKs. Now the game starts with 72hz enabled without having to pause first.

Was it the same for you guys?

mouse_bear
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey everyone, thanks for your patience with this. This has been fixed in a recent firmware update. If you're still experiencing this issue, please submit at ticket at https://developer.oculus.com/contact with the firmware version number of your Oculus Go and we'll take a look at it.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!